Sheffield postcodes summed up!

One of the worst things about Sheffield is that way that people judge and make assumptions about others based on postcode.

How do people manage to find out your postcode to judge you?

I've lived on S2 all my life and never had any problems, love it round here. I rent at the moment and looking to buy on S2. Wouldn't live anywhere else in Sheffield to be honest.

Yup me as well

It's broadly accurate, of course like everything there are exceptions and there will always be people saying their street is lovely and how dare anyone say otherwise...

what a load of C**P!

S8 is a dump.

this is just someone's personal opinion .:loopy:

this is just someone's personal opinion .

Sherlock, is that you?

I've lived most of my adult life down in Essex and with a couple of small exceptions, you really don't get that down there. I spend a bit of time in Chesterfield as well these days. Again, I've found that people there don't judge you by where you live anything like as much as Sheffielders do.

I fully support that. Never seen anything as silly of location judgment till I came to sheffield

I fully support that. Never seen anything as silly of location judgment till I came to sheffield

You don't have some impression of what Hackney or Islington in London are like then?

So we're do you live because I have lived in s9 Wincobank from 6 to 24 and loved it then moved to s5 Southey and loved it.

At a guess I'd say cloud cuckoo land !!!::loopy:

You don't have some impression of what Hackney or Islington in London are like then?

In my experience, people in that there London are nothing like as bad for making judgements about others based on where they live as Sheffielders are.

Partly I think because areas such as Islington and Hackney are more varied then Sheffield suburbs such as Eccleshall or the Manor.

No, never heard of it.

No, never heard of it.

How worldly of you.

In my experience, people in that there London are nothing like as bad for making judgements about others based on where they live as Sheffielders are.

Partly I think because areas such as Islington and Hackney are more varied then Sheffield suburbs such as Eccleshall or the Manor.

I think you will now find that the upper half of the Manor to be as varied as any in the country, it ranger's from, professional people such as lawyers etc to benefit claimants.