So were your targets realised,

There was a thread last year regarding anglers targets.

Did you catch close to your target or were you lucky enough to pass it.

If you didn't were lessons learned.

I had no targets regarding fish weights but decided to spend more time improving or at least trying to get a feeling for paste fishing.

I had no targets regarding fish weights but decided to spend more time improving or at least trying to get a feeling for paste fishing.

I just worked on trying to improve my fishing techniques/knowledge( shoting patterns and bait presentation etc) ive done a lot of reading and watched videos to try and improve myself, just simple things really, im only a pleasure angler but I like to learn new things.

I just worked on trying to improve my fishing techniques/knowledge( shoting patterns and bait presentation etc) ive done a lot of reading and watched videos to try and improve myself, just simple things really, im only a pleasure angler but I like to learn new things.

I too only pleasure fish now and I'm not missing matched at all.

What kind of fishing do you prefer gazza ?

I too only pleasure fish now and I'm not missing matched at all.

What kind of fishing do you prefer gazza ?

me dad taught me how to fish, so im an avid user of the float, as this is the method he taught me. whatever the venue I use the float

The only rods I use now are feeder rods, I like most anglers have poleitus.

I must learn to fish with paste, never tried it but I know its a lethal method and bait at times. My enjoyment last year was helping George a ten year old complete novice catch a few fish on Lillies match and winning then watch him without being prompted to hand back his winnings for the charity, he cant wait to go again and with my help has built up a useable/useful amount of tackle ready for this year.

I find with paste it's better to feed a few feet from your hook bait, it seems to give me far less false bites.

A very good effort from George by the way.

I find with paste it's better to feed a few feet from your hook bait, it seems to give me far less false bites.

A very good effort from George by the way.

I don't feed with paste apart from maybe a few micro pellets with my hook bait also have it very soft only just holding on the hook leave it in for about 3 or 4 mins if no bite strike it of thus feeding your swim

I don't feed with paste apart from maybe a few micro pellets with my hook bait also have it very soft only just holding on the hook leave it in for about 3 or 4 mins if no bite strike it of thus feeding your swim

Yes I understand, I fish paste what I believe a more positive approach if I have to wait for bites I fish the feeder until fish turn up in the margin.

PS Forgot to mention I only feed loose groundbait.

Edited by sheff 13
to add ps

i had a decent start to my targets reaching the first couple in quick succsession(pb tench and bream), due to a few different factors(mainly weather and family commitments), my fishing took a back foot and didnt have as many sessions as i would have liked, and with the arrival of my lil boy in the next 5 weeks i wont be doing many in the forseeable future. but when i do get chance i will mainly be targetting bream/tench in the spring and carp/barbel in the summer!!!

I wanted to catch as many different species of fish as possible.. i did ok got stuck on fly fishing in the summer couldnt stop wanting to go lol i had a few good chub early on also had my first carp on the fly rod weighed 6lb2 i really wanted a tench and a barble last year luckily i got a good tench from a unexpected source but i never did go for a barbel or a pike. my new targets will be to catch a chub on my birthday as i did last year and to catch a barbel some more carp on the fly rod and a double figure trout.

I had a great or lucky season depending on your view I guess,

1. 12 barbel from the River Calder, biggest 8lb 4oz- caught my first ever Calder barbel last season but this one beat my barbel pb.

2. Two 2lb perch from the River Dearne, biggest 2lb 12oz, another pb

3. A 10oz dace from the Dearne- biggest one I've ever bothered to weigh.

4. A 1lb grayling from the River Don, again the biggest I've ever bothered to weigh.

5. A sea trout from the Dearne, over 2lb.

6. A pb brown trout of 2lb 12oz last week from the River Calder.

Also had my biggest Calder chub from the Calder but I've previously caught a bigger one.

So its all downhill from here I guess.............