Do we have the right to offend?

I've already said they can do something about it they can sue, argue, resign, withdraw they're custom and so on and so forth. What i'm saying is that when someone says to you "I'm offended by that" the default response should be "So f-----g what?"

On an Internet forum maybe but in the real world some people don't take too kindly to being offended and may retaliate in a not too nice manner.

The default response should be "I'm sorry but I didn't mean to offend you".

Gosh, that IS simple. And there was me going to give you the benefit of the doubt and everything. And lo and behold, it was an argument based on nonsense and full of nonsense and fully nonsensical, in the pursuit of being able to make people (only non-blood relatives though! So it's FINE!) get upset.

So admirable. Such wow.

Eh? Your really making no sense. I don't want to upset anyone. However if i have to i should be able to do so.

---------- Post added 24-01-2014 at 22:41 ----------

On an Internet forum maybe but in the real world some people don't take too kindly to being offended and may retaliate in a not too nice manner.

The default response should be "I'm sorry but I didn't mean to offend you".

I'm beginning to regret this post. I wouldn't say that (i'd think it) i just used that language in an attempt to illustrate my point.

---------- Post added 24-01-2014 at 22:43 ----------

Jessica. Stop.

Good advice.

Follow Golden Rule. It applies to all people, across all race, gender, nation. It's true.

How it applies in the real world is another matter.

Follow Golden Rule. It applies to all people, across all race, gender, nation. It's true.

How it applies in the real world is another matter.

What is Golden Rule? Also, you have three sentences there. The second is directly contradicted by the third.

What is Golden Rule? Also, you have three sentences there. The second is directly contradicted by the third.

Sounds a bit like some sort of Chinese philosophy. I keep thinking of David Carradine in Kung Fu.

Did anyone else have trouble following my post? I thought it was pretty clear that being okay with causing offence to people you've never met because you've never met them and they're not your mother was nonsense.

Perhaps I should have just said stupid?

Did anyone else have trouble following my post? I thought it was pretty clear that being okay with causing offence to people you've never met because you've never met them and they're not your mother was nonsense.

Perhaps I should have just said stupid?

errrrrm, when have i ever said it's okay to offend people. I just defend the right to free speech. You defend the right to free speech on your terms,

errrrrm, when have i ever said it's okay to offend people. I just defend the right to free speech. You defend the right to free speech on your terms,

There is no absolute right to free speech. I said this on page one of the thread.

I don't defend it on *my* terms. I call out idiocy when it gets spewed across the internet and I can be bothered to challenge it. Your arguments are idiotic.

There is no absolute right to free speech. I said this on page one of the thread.

I don't defend it on *my* terms. I call out idiocy when it gets spewed across the internet and I can be bothered to challenge it. Your arguments are idiotic.

:hihi::hihi: