Do we have the right to offend?

You don't get it do you? I have a right to say what i want. It doesn't mean i do go around saying what i want. If i can avoid offence i will do. However in some cases mainly Politics and Religion my beliefs are so strongly Liberal and Atheist retrospectively that i do say things that may offend people.

---------- Post added 24-01-2014 at 22:08 ----------

When was the last time a bombing was conducted because of football.

You have the ability to control yourself, and the intelligence to construct your ideas in a way that won't cause offence to others?

You have the ability to control yourself, and the intelligence to construct your ideas in a way that won't cause offence to others?

Sometimes the fact that i'm atheist offends people. The fact i think the Bible is BS causes offence. The fact i think religious fundamentalists are nutters causes offence. It's not always easy not to upset anyone.

Sometimes the fact that i'm atheist offends people. The fact i think the Bible is BS causes offence. The fact i think religious fundamentalists are nutters causes offence. It's not always easy not to upset anyone.

I don't think your being an atheist should cause offence. That you think the bible is ficticious shouldn't cause offence either. It's how you construct your argument. If you go about it in a respectful way, I'm sure you won't have any problems

I don't think your being an atheist should cause offence. That you think the bible is ficticious shouldn't cause offence either. It's how you construct your argument. If you go about it in a respectful way, I'm sure you won't have any problems

It's not always easy though. Sometimes people will ask you straight if you think the bibles true or not. When i say i don't think it's true I've caused offence.

Some people find the statement "There is no God" offensive. An EDL member was very offended when i called him a racist. I don't care that i caused offence in either of them instances. If i upset someone at work because of my behavior such as a joke or a remark then i'd be gutted.

Maybe cool it with the blanket statements about how the correct response to offense is 'so effing what' then? Just a thought.

Maybe cool it with the blanket statements about how the correct response to offense is 'so effing what' then? Just a thought.

For heavens sake. I only used that term to illustrate how unimportant the "I'm offended by you" is. Christ I've offended you with that light hearted statement.

It's not always easy though. Sometimes people will ask you straight if you think the bibles true or not. When i say i don't think it's true I've caused offence.

How do you know? If you've simply given your opinion without effing and jeffing and not putting other people down then it's unlikely that you've caused offence.

For heavens sake. I only used that term to illustrate how unimportant the "I'm offended by you" is. Christ I've offended you with that light hearted statement.

If it's unimportant, why would you be gutted if you upset someone at work? Pick a stance and stick with it, otherwise poking you with the logic stick becomes even less fun.

How do you know? If you've simply given your opinion without effing and jeffing and not putting other people down then it's unlikely that you've caused offence.

Well you should no that peoples sensitivity don't subscribe to a universal code. The simple statement "There is no God" is greatly offence to a lot of people.

---------- Post added 24-01-2014 at 22:26 ----------

If it's unimportant, why would you be gutted if you upset someone at work? Pick a stance and stick with it, otherwise poking you with the logic stick becomes even less fun.

Let me explain it to you in extremely simple terms. I would be more upset if i offended my Mother than if i offended Anjem Chaudry. Why? Because my mother means more to me than Anjem Chaudry.

Well you should no that peoples sensitivity don't subscribe to a universal code. The simple statement "There is no God" is greatly offence to a lot of people.

There is no universal code, people are different in how they react to things, that can be dependent on how they are feeling or if they feel under threat. If you are polite and courteous in your manner, then simply stating your beliefs shouldn't cause offence.

I think it is just being mindful of others beliefs and and practices.

There is no universal code, people are different in how they react to things, that can be dependent on how they are feeling or if they feel under threat. If you are polite and courteous in your manner, then simply stating your beliefs shouldn't cause offence.

I think it is just being mindful of others beliefs and and practices.

It's not for anyone to define what is and is not offence to individuals. Some people are offended by the Display in a Butchers shop for instance.

Let me explain it to you in extremely simple terms. I would be more upset if i offended my Mother than if i offended Anjem Chaudry. Why? Because my mother means more to me than Anjem Chaudry.

Gosh, that IS simple. And there was me going to give you the benefit of the doubt and everything. And lo and behold, it was an argument based on nonsense and full of nonsense and fully nonsensical, in the pursuit of being able to make people (only non-blood relatives though! So it's FINE!) get upset.

So admirable. Such wow.