Do we have the right to offend?

For god sakes some people seem to have their sense of humor surgically removed. I used the swear word to help with portray how unimportant you should view it when someone challenges you. Also i couldn't be bothered to type out a full conversation.

Not at all, I'm quite enjoying this thread ;)

Upset at people being racist and homophobic.

And before you say it. No. It doesn't at all infringe on my belief in Free speech. Their are plenty of ways to prevent bigotry that don't involve calling in the fuzz.

One of the most significant - just going out on a limb here - being to challenge people who are offensive within the bounds of the law.

I'll bet you're very selective about who exactly you'd say that to though, aren't you?

Read post #60.

For god sakes some people seem to have their sense of humor surgically removed. I used the swear word to help with portray how unimportant you should view it when someone challenges you. Also i couldn't be bothered to type out a full conversation.

Even without the swearing that's still a thoroughly nasty and selfish attitude.

What you're saying there essentially is that you don't care about other people's feelings.

What you're saying is that if you really upset someone and hurt their feelings you shouldn't care at all. Mean, spiteful and horrid. Yuck.

And before you say it. No. It doesn't at all infringe on my belief in Free speech. Their are plenty of ways to prevent bigotry that don't involve calling in the fuzz.

Such as...?

Not at all, I'm quite enjoying this thread ;)

So am i. I didn't aim that at you.

What you're saying there essentially is that you don't care about other people's feelings.

What you're saying is that if you really upset someone and hurt their feelings you shouldn't care at all. Mean, spiteful and horrid. Yuck.

Sociopathic, almost.

If i'm debating a bible believing Christian and my atheist views upset them then i really really don't care. If i offended someone i like and respect then i'd be quite upset myself.

So am I.

Yes, like challenging bigotry whenever the opportunity arises.

Why shouldn't people call the police if they're being threatene, harassed or abused?

Sociopathic, almost.

I find that offence. But i'm going to practice what i preach and not report you or go on a massive rant about how upset i am. I'll just ignore it.

---------- Post added 24-01-2014 at 21:57 ----------

So am I.

Yes, like challenging bigotry whenever the opportunity arises.

Why shouldn't people call the police if they're being threatene, harassed or abused?

There is a difference between being threatened and harassed and being upset by someones religious or political beliefs.

I find that offence. But i'm going to practice what i preach and not report you or go on a massive rant about how upset i am. I'll just ignore it.

Do feel free to challenge and criticise me for it, if you can find a definition of sociopathic that doesn't include a very overt lack of interest in hurting other people.

If i'm debating a bible believing Christian and my atheist views upset them then i really really don't care. If i offended someone i like and respect then i'd be quite upset myself.

So it's all about you, your ideas, your feelings.