Wheely bins to get emptied once a month?

We are not used to them either. We had maggots in our bin which we have never had before and we struggle to get rid of rubbish. We use out recycling bin and we are all out of the house in the day. It's just not good enough.

Even the government think it's not good enough.

http://www.publicfinance.co.uk/news/2014/01/keep-bin-collections-weekly-says-pickles/

Why are the council even contemplating this madness?

news leaked today from a council official suggests jack scot ssc plans to move bin collections from fortnightly to a four weekly collection also close three of the five recycling sites it will make Sheffield the fly tipping capital of Europe

This sounds eerily similar to the questionnaire I completed a few months back about my opinions on this, if it were to happen.. Maybe they were talking about the questionnaire itself?

Personally, moving to monthly recycling collection would kill us. We fill our bin and both boxes every two weeks - and were only a two person household! Our black bin can go for a month at a push, but it would be very heavy and overflowing. We would require a much larger blue bin and a third box in order to accommodate these changes.

news leaked today from a council official suggests jack scot ssc plans to move bin collections from fortnightly to a four weekly collection also close three of the five recycling sites it will make Sheffield the fly tipping capital of Europe

Do you have a source for this information?

Do you have a source for this information?

Yes, his uncle eric. See post 4

Yes, his uncle eric. See post 4

I tried reading it, but it's not in English.

This sounds eerily similar to the questionnaire I completed a few months back about my opinions on this, if it were to happen.. Maybe they were talking about the questionnaire itself?

Personally, moving to monthly recycling collection would kill us. We fill our bin and both boxes every two weeks - and were only a two person household! Our black bin can go for a month at a push, but it would be very heavy and overflowing. We would require a much larger blue bin and a third box in order to accommodate these changes.

You get my nomination for 'hyperbole of the week' with that one. Well done.

On a more serious note maybe you ought to think about ways you can reduce the amount of stuff you throw away.

Hmmm... I think that moptop is talking out of his bottom.

On a more serious note maybe you ought to think about ways you can reduce the amount of stuff you throw away.

Alternageek's statement might not be that far-fetched, by the time the rats have taken a hold, or if we choke on our fumes from all the garden fires.

stupid. its not like they have a decent job. "and yes i do have one" all they do is take other peoples rubbish. it should be weekly

Thank you for that. How about, it would be a massive headache for us to have our RECYCLING bin moved from bi weekly to monthly collections. We're not throwing anything away, its what we recycle. We throw away a lot that could go in the blue bin, but its not profitable for veolia to collect those types of items.

stupid. its not like they have a decent job. "and yes i do have one" all they do is take other peoples rubbish. it should be weekly

What do you do for a living Wayne? Nothing wrong with being on the bins.

---------- Post added 24-01-2014 at 20:33 ----------

Thank you for that. How about, it would be a massive headache for us to have our RECYCLING bin moved from bi weekly to monthly collections. We're not throwing anything away, its what we recycle. We throw away a lot that could go in the blue bin, but its not profitable for veolia to collect those types of items.

Much better. What size is your recycling bin?