Justin Bieber smiling on his mugshot- what do you think ?

Maybe he was too drunk or too stoned to do anything but grin inanely, and to think "Driving like that, I could have wiped any amount of people out, there... Aren't I big and clever?"

Agreed. It is easy to be oblivious to the world if you know how to get there.

Having said that, Bieber is a joke. See the US comedian on Charlie Brooker's screen-wipe for a very accurate put-down on the lad.

Teenagers have always had their idols, can't change it, this is why Kurt Cobain hit all the news-channels big when he put a shotgun to himself. It has and always will be like this. The only thing that the internet does for us is that we are now able to completely ignore it (that is if you get all your news/media online, as I do).

I don't like him, but I don't see the problem with him smiling in his mug shot. He can smile all he wants.

30 years is a bit draconian though don't you think?

DUI - Under the state law he can only get a maximum of 6-9 months depending on the blood/alcohol level.

Invalid licence - Fine upto $250

Resisting arrest - maximum of 1 year.

Paltry terms imo given the potential outcome. The judge will no doubtably given him the minimums.

Wasn't the street blocked off so that no one else was in the streets?

Wasn't the street blocked off so that no one else was in the streets?

You mean illegally obstructed by his ontourage's SUVs?

Another classic Bieber fan trying to defend his actions.

DUI - Under the state law he can only get a maximum of 6-9 months depending on the blood/alcohol level.

Invalid licence - Fine upto $250

Resisting arrest - maximum of 1 year.

Paltry terms imo given the potential outcome. The judge will no doubtably given him the minimums.

Would you give him thirty years inside like Happ Hazzard would?

I get the impression that not even his management is understanding this social phenomena. Plus also the disadvantage of being a young star. He seems to be able to identify with his peers, but is not as responsible towards all his relationships or his image. Nor is he drawing a social boundary towards his fan in an ethical way. The fact that some of his fans were "jealous" really tells us that the female fans are quite besotted with him a lot ! He seems to be an emotive person, but he should really take a step back from this and actually focus more on a normal life and pursue something for himself.

You mean illegally obstructed by his ontourage's SUVs?

Another classic Bieber fan trying to defend his actions.

Defending his actions by asking if the street was blocked off? How does that work?

Illegal or not, if the street was blocked off, that would leas me to believe that there wasn't a blatant disregard for people's safety like it would have been on an open street.

Compare Bieber with One Direction's Louis Tomlinson ( sorry but I'm too old to be a fan ....) . He has used his fame , albeit not on Bieber's scale , to become a patron and support his local childrens' hospice Bluebell Wood - now THAT's a better role model to follow , surely ? All credit to the lad and what a contrast .

By the way , if Bieber DOES go to jail , will his more mindless fans think that's a cool thing too ? Seems a bit of a no-win situation .

Compare Bieber with One Direction's Louis Tomlinson ( sorry but I'm too old to be a fan ....) . He has used his fame , albeit not on Bieber's scale , to become a patron and support his local childrens' hospice Bluebell Wood - now THAT's a better role model to follow , surely ? All credit to the lad and what a contrast .

By the way , if Bieber DOES go to jail , will his more mindless fans think that's a cool thing too ? Seems a bit of a no-win situation .

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/justin-bieber-drug-arrest-mugshot-3054108

You have to remember that the US is a very different world to the UK. I think he has an awful lot of potential, but I am certain that he is listening to the wrong people. If he makes it out of this alive, and away from the paparazzi's, then he sure has a good team behind him. cos it is the people who makes a star. He already mentioned that his team looks after his health, but as you can also see from the interview, he mentioned that a "lawyer" advices him to place a report first to sue against the reporter even before he actually is harmed. So in my eyes, this is bordering on manipulation from his lawyer, and then he would actually find it to be rude to his paparazzi's and then what would actually happen next? He will get more angry and into a fight. At best, if he does not avoid the antagonisms and the hatred against him already, he will also become another one of these fallen stars which we see so often in America.

If he truly makes it out of America, then it must be down to his willpower, as surely his parents are now being judged too by the reporters. You know how this will end.

If people really look at the mugshot, he was not smiling out of happiness, he was actually in tears. His eyes are glistening. His teeth is slightly gritted. This is nervousness. In America, most people smile or put on this fake smile even when they are unhappy cos they force themselves to be happy, rather than to nurture their own happiness. That is also why in the tabloids now, and in their legal system, they put people who are burnt out, and pretend in this way for psychotherapy. Whereas in the UK, most people would walk away, tell you peeve off, and then sulk in their own home to get over something. Or they would throw insults and sarcasm at another innocent party instead. Or they would displace their anger onto their exercise or their politics, or their football.

I don't think that he is very worldly if anything.

Edited by salsafan

So Justin Bieber laughs in the face of "the law" in his mugshot........ do you think this is a good example to set for his millions of fans ( of which I am not one ) ?

I feel that he is setting a very dangerous precedent as a role model to his many fans , but also feel strangely sorry for him as a young man with unimagineable fame and wealth at such a young age - does he actually have anyone normal looking out for him ?? Would be interested to hear peoples' comments .

With the money he has you smile 24/7 .