Justin Bieber smiling on his mugshot- what do you think ?

So Justin Bieber laughs in the face of "the law" in his mugshot........ do you think this is a good example to set for his millions of fans ( of which I am not one ) ?

I feel that he is setting a very dangerous precedent as a role model to his many fans , but also feel strangely sorry for him as a young man with unimagineable fame and wealth at such a young age - does he actually have anyone normal looking out for him ?? Would be interested to hear peoples' comments .

So Justin Bieber laughs in the face of "the law" in his mugshot........ do you think this is a good example to set for his millions of fans ( of which I am not one ) ?

I feel that he is setting a very dangerous precedent as a role model to his many fans , but also feel strangely sorry for him as a young man with unimagineable fame and wealth at such a young age - does he actually have anyone normal looking out for him ?? Would be interested to hear peoples' comments .

It's the American dream..he's cracked it. I don't think anyone normal would want to look out for him unless it's his mommy.

Yes, I wonder this too. Re: second paragraph...

I think the dangerous thing in today's society is that role models (unlike in the past) are completely accessible. Info in seconds. I don't think anyone could have imagined this even 10-15 years ago.

There are a couple of things here:

A few years ago, he was a wannabe, and probably craved millions of fans (like most young kids who like to sing, or dance or entertain). In the past this was a long process (and even then, many ended up as ****-ups)... but today and especially in the case of Bieber, this happened and very quickly. It's easy to say, 'what a ****ing ****', and I've said it myself, but who really knows what happens in the head to a person when these things happen today. I spoke about this on the Naseem thread. I mean people like Bieber/gaga HAVE got influence over people, just purely in numbers, whether you like him or not.

He potentially could be VERY dangerous. Who called me a leftie liberal the other day ? :hihi:... imagine this, he has 1 million followers on Twitface. He decides to post himself hanging himself and saying this is the way to go. Who could stop him doing this? But more importantly what would happen to his followers, I mean the young children with access to twitbook.

There is a definite potential risk from people like this today. Especially amongst the very young, or vulnerable. And follower number like his, this is the problem.

Yes, I wonder this too. Re: second paragraph...

I think the dangerous thing in today's society is that role models (unlike in the past) are completely accessible. Info in seconds. I don't think anyone could have imagined this even 10-15 years ago.

There are a couple of things here:

A few years ago, he was a wannabe, and probably craved millions of fans (like most young kids who like to sing, or dance or entertain). In the past this was a long process (and even then, many ended up as ****-ups)... but today and especially in the case of Bieber, this happened and very quickly. It's easy to say, 'what a ****ing ****', and I've said it myself, but who really knows what happens in the head to a person when these things happen today. I spoke about this on the Naseem thread. I mean people like Bieber/gaga HAVE got influence over people, just purely in numbers, whether you like him or not.

He potentially could be VERY dangerous. Who called me a leftie liberal the other day ? :hihi:... imagine this, he has 1 million followers on Twitface. He decides to post himself hanging himself and saying this is the way to go. Who could stop him doing this? But more importantly what would happen to his followers, I mean the young children with access to twitbook.

There is a definite potential risk from people like this today. Especially amongst the very young, or vulnerable. And follower number like his, this is the problem.

How can he post himself hanging himself exactly? Surely he will be dead?

Although I agree the fame has gone to his head very quickly and its making him become something very unlikeable. In his recent antics he now appears to think he is untouchable and above the law.

The little punk needs his ears boxed. Too much money, much to soon and the common sense of a bean bag

I just wish theyd stop mentioning him on the news

Selfie pre-death? Short-drop hangings are very time consuming :confused:

I'm not suggesting HE specifically would do it Bladesman, (and I was using worst case scenario). The point is, people can have a lot of influence over young and vulnerable people. And he's probably unaware that his actions could be dangerous, and that is the danger!

It's almost like an exaggeration of young girls looking at pictures of models and trying to emulate them - which happens now. But that has some control. Albeit not used much it seems.

Although I agree the fame has gone to his head very quickly and its making him become something very unlikeable. In his recent antics he now appears to think he is untouchable and above the law.

... and that is my point. He has lots of followers*.

*(all of this is assuming that his followers are young. I can't imagine any reasonably minded adults following him, unless to see what their kids are reading)

People need to give up this whole celebrity worship thing. It's unhealthy on all sides. Kids are now worshipping talentless freaks created by media/tv hype. Why do the masses allow this ? It's fake and bereft of any real substance. Are people really that bored ?

Kick your TV through, experience yourself for a while. :|

People need to give up this whole celebrity worship thing. It's unhealthy on all sides. Kids are now worshipping talentless freaks created by media/tv hype. Why do the masses allow this ? It's fake and bereft of any real substance. Are people really that bored ?

Kick your TV through, experience yourself for a while. :|

That's pretty much what I was saying, but you put it much better. I need to include details though.

Thinking back, I am sure my parents said all of the above in the 1960's.

Just change the references to the internet for the TV.

people have done it before

More publicity, he'll probably be out already

Would be interested to hear peoples' comments.
(i) megalithic's post, spot on.

(ii) Bieber won't see 30 or, at best, he'll do a Macaulay Culkin.