Sheffield Zombie Experience: zombieXperience

Hi tangoone

same boat as dinkydudes cant reply to private messages yet. If you want to inbox me your email address be happy to reply to you :)

What puzzles me, is given how fast the business has purportedly grown, no one else has stepped in to fill that gap in the market. I mean, if people are willing to pay stupid money to run around being a zombie, or escaping from zombies, or whatever; why isn't someone now making money of that?

@ Waldo one of the excuses given is that one of his staff has done so!

@tangoone Got money back but it took a while. A lot of excuses along the way but the most important thing is dont give up. The second you stop hassling him, well forget about your money cos he aint gonna come after you to give it back.

I feel for him a little bit, he is well in over his head but at the end of the day its not the way to run a business. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but making all your issues public on facebook takes the professional shine off the business i think. Its not longer a 'good business' but 'a man' who has a short fuse. People arent friends they're customers and you dont want customers pitying you or being mad at you...

---------- Post added 05-07-2014 at 14:40 ----------

@waldo Fantastic as an idea it is, maybe theres just no money in it. I mean the sheffield site aint gonna be cheap to rent for starters, then you got staff costs (each zombie is another £40-50 per day, then swat on top!), make up, guns, ammo, H&S documents, insurance etc. It adds up and gets on top of ya. The issues flagged up here support that theres not much money in it as a business, it seems to be more of a hobby or fun adventure than a business for him hence why hes in over his head. He should learn from this experience, just a massive shame so many people have been let down along the way

What when all he does is fob us off from behind a keyboard?

I've more chance on plaiting fog! It's a shame when it comes to airing it all on a forum to get heard. He deletes any posts about money put on his whiter than white Facebook page, ignores messages, but if we do get graced with a reply he replies only with bullsh*t excuses

I think you'll find that people have come on here after googling to see if anyone else out there has issues with him, I know I did, hence me joining

Also as for this being genuine, I can assure you it is!

If any of you are able to view the facebook page for zombieXperience Ive posted an image of a newspaper article my friend has just sent me,

Apparently Dan and two of his cronies have been jailed today for motorbike theft. I knew I wouldn't get a refund without a fight but this changes everything, not sure where we stand never been in this situation before, if anyone has any ideas or are planning on taking this further please feel free to pm me I'll send you my email address.

---------- Post added 07-07-2014 at 20:53 ----------

Oh and Grownsy, why would you take the time to make such a pointless statement? You're clearly either a friend of this conman or seriously need to look into finding other ways to entertain yourself, if you find this 'hillarious' as you say, you really must lead a sheltered life, there's far more amusement to be had its the internet for crying out loud. Like your soundcloud and the fact you call yourself a DJ for example. Now that's 'hillarious'.

Edited by TheNov

What newspaper is it in as I cannot see anything on their Facebook page. No doubt it has been deleted along side anything else that they don't like the look of!!

It was in The Daily Star today, page 26 a small side piece:

The boss of a Zombie Party business has been jailed over a motorbike theft racket.

Dan Hatton, 33, launched his zombie experience last year, recruiting pals to dress up as the undead for stag parties and business team-building exercises.

He pleaded guilty at Gloucester Crown Court to conspiring to recieve stolen bikes.

Hatton, of Tredworth, Gloucester, was sentenced to 12 months.

Two others were also jailed for the scam.

I would normally be the first to take articles printed in The Star with a pinch of salt, but the facebook page seems to have disappeared in the last couple of hours.

An event was held on Saturday night and Dan was apparently away due to 'unforseen circumstances'

He would've known he was due at court so was raking every penny he could, and event location for the Saturday event was sent via email to only those who had booked on, a few hours before the event was due to take place. presumably to prevent irate customers turning up and confronting him without his trusty keyboard for protection.

I actually do not have a clue what to believe or what to do from now onwards, its getting increasingly bizarre but I'll be doing what I can to get answers and hopefully some closure. Best of luck to you all.

I'd love to see that!

---------- Post added 07-07-2014 at 22:51 ----------

As for the page disappearing, unfortunately it's still there to dupe more unsuspecting people

email me ill send you the screenshot.

Edited by TheNov
entered personal details

I'm glad I didn't book on to the Stanley Tools session, it was going to be my first Airsoft experience, and I've Googled Gloucester Crown Courts, and indeed Dan Hatton was in their court report.

Luckily, I've found a well established company to partake in some fun.

Dan Hatton, hang your head in shame, I bet your name is mud in the Airsoft circle, I'll see what the real Airsofters think to his shenanigans next week when I'm up at Cerebus Airsoft. What a bloomin' muppet.