Gray will be appointed before Saturday

He is signing the papers this afternoon, at last, lets get on with the job now, move up the league and a good cup run will do nicely for starters.

I would still only give it him until end of season.

Then what, i personally would give him 18 months, don,t want no so called prima donna,s

Then what, i personally would give him 18 months, don,t want no so called prima donna,s

See if we continue to improve and finish mid table,then i would give him another year.He deserves a crack at the job,but it could all go t.ts up,then what another x.manager on gardening leave.

At sometime we have to have stability at the club , rolling contracts may be a way forward, we were getting to a stage where we had more gardeners than managers.

See if we continue to improve and finish mid table,then i would give him another year.He deserves a crack at the job,but it could all go t.ts up,then what another x.manager on gardening leave.

Gaz, if he starts his next Radio Sheff interview by saying "look, I didn't become a bad manager overnight!", then start getting worried! :hihi:

He seems level headed enough and the players seem to like him, Give him a year's contract as a minimum.

Gaz, if he starts his next Radio Sheff interview by saying "look, I didn't become a bad manager overnight!", then start getting worried! :hihi:

He seems level headed enough and the players seem to like him, Give him a year's contract as a minimum.

The players liking him is a big plus,and he has improved things without a doubt.I still think the relieve of jones leaving has a fair bit to do with the improvement.

Jones became a bad manager the day he took his first managerial job. :hihi:

As they say round here, Jones couldn't manage a good s**t ......... :hihi:

Rather Gray than Ince, definitely, but I still maintain that putting a contract in front of Gray may change his mindset.

Uncertainty seems to be bringing out the best in Gray and the players.

I know someone has to be appointed full time, and Gray has as good a chance as anyone, but I wouldn't change anything yet. I'd wait a while yet. If it's not broken, don't fix it.

Surely this is all about MM wanting rid and any new owners not wanting a man in situ and needing a pay off. Any new owner is likely to want his own manager and backroom staff. People born under the correct star sign or having purple as a lucky colour.:)

Jones became a bad manager the day he took his first managerial job. :hihi:

As they say round here, Jones couldn't manage a good s**t ......... :hihi:

Rather Gray than Ince, definitely, but I still maintain that putting a contract in front of Gray may change his mindset.

Uncertainty seems to be bringing out the best in Gray and the players.

I know someone has to be appointed full time, and Gray has as good a chance as anyone, but I wouldn't change anything yet. I'd wait a while yet. If it's not broken, don't fix it.

Good points HM, I would keep him as caretaker till seasons end; we have seen it so many times when the caretaker gets job, gets complacent and it goes tits up....keep him on his toes but pay him better money.

Edited by Bypassblade

Surely this is all about MM wanting rid and any new owners not wanting a man in situ and needing a pay off. Any new owner is likely to want his own manager and backroom staff. People born under the correct star sign or having purple as a lucky colour.:)

no it isnt, its about having a decent run of results and moving up the table to safety