Torksey in the 70s

Does anybody remember strawberry milk from mrs wickens from the farm at torksey

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Any one on here spend time down at torksey in lincolnshire in the 70s.There were loads of sheffielders down there , be nice to here from you.:) :)

This thread has been out before. ?.

Anyway I had a caravan there in 1997/98 on the little London site.

It was a neat tourer and loved going down there at weekends.

The trouble was at that time my wife worked most weekends so it made it difficult at times and I used to go down on the bike.

WE had some good nights in the club on site and I sometimes go back down for Pike fishing on the Fosdyke and Trent arm.

I could do with hiring a van this year for the odd weekend for fishing but I think the sites don't allow hiring.

We were on the rydal mount for thirty years from 1970.If you fancy aweekends good fishing then try the swan inn at dunham bridge.Hes got a lake on the land at the back of the pub and its got some great fishing.Hesgot a couple of caravans on site whch you can use for the night.Great pub , great food and fishing.:|

My grandma and granddad had a caravan at Torksey, dont know where though, except it was near the swan? pub. I remember going down there when I was about two or three, my grandparents name was Cawthorne, apparently quite well known down there, although they were down there before the 70s.

Brooksy, spent many a weekend there in the 70's with my grandparents in the caravan park behind the locks. Went fishing and air-rifle shooting. My grandparents name were Frank and Elenor Rollinson and they had their caravan down there for years until the site changed to cabins (?). Can't remember exact year.

My grandparents had a caravan at laneham,,, im talking in the late 80's and early 90's.

I remember torksey very well

I had a caravan on what used to be Rydal Mount (now Torksey Caravan Park) up to three years ago. If you haven't been to Torksey for a few years you'd be surprised at the changes. The Elms caravan site is now a retirement home complex. The Little London site is no more. There are two caravan sites left, one on either side of The White Swan pub. I have pictures of the bad flooding of the Torksey Caravan Park and surrounding area a few years ago.

I had a caravan on what used to be Rydal Mount (now Torksey Caravan Park) up to three years ago. If you haven't been to Torksey for a few years you'd be surprised at the changes. The Elms caravan site is now a retirement home complex. The Little London site is no more. There are two caravan sites left, one on either side of The White Swan pub. I have pictures of the bad flooding of the Torksey Caravan Park and surrounding area a few years ago.
My family had one on the swan site for 50 years and my parents had one on the rydal mount from 1970 till 1985.My cousin ,uncle and niece have one on the rydal mount at the moment .A mateof mine Neil Barrat had one for years on there.Think he has abungalow down there now.The owners of the rydal mount were the beal family when we were on there.In the 70s a girlfriend of mine called nicole timms lived on the little london and i had loads of friends of the elms. great times.

Trying to get in touch with all the guys who hung out down at Torksey in 77-78.Great times and would to meet up for a beer.Cheers.:):):)

What is/was Torksey? I've heard of it.

What is/was Torksey? I've heard of it.

Its a village in Lincolnshire .Loads of sheffield folk had and have caravans down there.The 70s were great down there where we all hung out and had a great time.:D:D