Islamist threaten anyone attending Sochi Winter Olympics

Isn't this all a bit irrelevant anyway? The IRA aren't threatening Russia and the rest of the world that they might murder people at the Olympic Games in 2014.

We all know that blowing up people is wrong and a very bad thing to do. What I don't follow with you lot, why constantly bring up a row between the Irish trying to get their country back from England,whatever you think about the rights or wrongs of that particular beef, and nutjob religious groups, loosely affiliated to Islamic countries, with a grudge against the entire Rest of the World. Aren't they're the ones you should be trying to get to see that? :huh:

Thanks for your post, natjack.

"Our lot" have to bring up these points because some posters on here continually peddle the "not all muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are muslim" lie.

When it's pointed out to those posters that the IRA are also terrorists, those same posters will rush to defend the actions of the IRA, declaring that the IRA were nationalists and not terrorists (despite the IRA using terrorism as a political weapon) and that the IRA at least provided some warning of their bombs (despite the fact the IRA didn't always give any warning, let alone an accurate one).

Thanks for your post, natjack.

"Our lot" have to bring up these points because some posters on here continually peddle the "not all muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are muslim" lie.

When it's pointed out to those posters that the IRA are also terrorists, those same posters will rush to defend the actions of the IRA, declaring that the IRA were nationalists and not terrorists (despite the IRA using terrorism as a political weapon) and that the IRA at least provided some warning of their bombs (despite the fact the IRA didn't always give any warning, let alone an accurate one).

I don't see people as rushing to defend the IRA against being accused of terrorism, more against the idea that mainly English posters seem to have that it's comparable when it's not. The IRA aren't trying to spread or protect a religion, they just want a united Ireland. They don't interfere in other countries where the religion is mostly Catholic for instance. The Islamics all over the world flock to the cause, whatever country they come from, they're willing to kill their fellow citizens and even co religionists in pursuit of something, who knows, not even them most of the time. So it seems from the outside looking at it.

Give the IRA what they want and they'd go away. No one can give the Islamic terrorists what they want, because no one knows, not even other Muslims. They'll never go away. We're reduced to riding the tiger, never knowing when it's going to turn round and bite us again, or where.

That's my view for what it's worth.

Thanks natjack, you make an interesting point regarding the motives of the IRA.

Although the ideologies of the Islamists and the IRA may differ, the methods do not.

Thanks natjack, you make an interesting point regarding the motives of the IRA.

Although the ideologies of the Islamists and the IRA may differ, the methods do not.

So really the Islamists that are threatening to blow up visitors to the Olympics are quite nice folks then?

So really the Islamists that are threatening to blow up visitors to the Olympics are quite nice folks then?

I'm fascinated to know how you came up with statement.

Did you even think before you posted?

Do tell.

Irrelevant.

Blowing up civilians is WRONG.

Even I know that much.

It doesn't matter who did it, whether it was Abdullah the Muslim, Patrick the Irishman, or Dave the Englishman.

Why do you refuse to see this???

If you can't see the difference between Islamic terrorist and Irish republicans, there is not much I can tell you.

What I will say is, the IRA used warnings to try and limit civilian casualties. Islamic terrorists revel in thought of as many innocent civilian deaths.

The Omagh bombing which did cause a large number of civilian deaths was one of, if not the event that brought about the end of the IRA.

I'm fascinated to know how you came up with statement.

Did you even think before you posted?

Do tell.

I asked the obvious question, knowing the answer but prompting the question why you and others are intent on diverting the thread from Islamic terrorists threatening those attending the Olympics. Do tell.

If you can't see the difference between Islamic terrorist and Irish republicans, there is not much I can tell you.

I know, you've tried so many times in the past to convince me that the IRA aren't terrorists, but you know what, I just can't shake the idea that blowing up innocent civilians is an act of terror regardless of whether your name is Abdullah, Patrick or Dave.

Silly idea, isn't it?

What I will say is, the IRA used warnings to try and limit civilian casualties. Islamic terrorists revel in thought of as many innocent civilian deaths.

The Omagh bombing which did cause a large number of civilian deaths was one of, if not the event that brought about the end of the IRA.

Oh yes, like when the IRA phoned in a false warning saying a bomb had been planted outside a Boots store in Liverpool, when the bomb had actually been placed in Warrington town centre?

Is this the kind of "warning" you refer to, that honourable folk such as the IRA give?

That Warrington bombing killed two innocent children.

Now I may be of limited intelligence, but blowing up innocent civilians in the pursuit of your political or religious goals is terrorism.

I know, you've tried so many times in the past to convince me that the IRA aren't terrorists, but you know what, I just can't shake the idea that blowing up innocent civilians is an act of terror regardless of whether your name is Abdullah, Patrick or Dave.

Silly idea, isn't it?

Oh yes, like when the IRA phoned in a false warning saying a bomb had been planted outside a Boots store in Liverpool, when the bomb had actually been placed in Warrington town centre?

Is this the kind of "warning" you refer to, that honourable folk such as the IRA give?

Now I may be of limited intelligence, but blowing up innocent civilians in the pursuit of your political or religious goals is terrorism.

As you clearly want to discuss anything other than the terror threat on the Olympics.

More than 1,000 Syrians flee al-Qaeda-linked group as they mow down children and behead prisoners in cold blood.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2014/01/al-qaeda-slaughters-syria-killing-fields-2014121112119453512.html

Silly idea, isn't it?

I have never said anything of the sort, care to provide any proof?

There was no false warning as there was a bomb outside boots. The 2nd was 100 yards away, well within the distance that would normally have been evacuated. Could it be mistakes were made by the police at the time?

The IRA statement was as follows:

Responsibility for the tragic and deeply regrettable death and injuries caused in Warrington yesterday lies squarely at the door of those in the British authorities who deliberately failed to act on precise and adequate warnings

A later statement from the IRA also said:

"two precise warnings" had been given "in adequate time", one to the Samaritans and one to Merseyside Police. "You don't provide warnings if it is your intention to kill".

That's not a statement of an organisation that targeted civilians.

You cant compare the provo;s to the taliban mob, both are ******s, but one is way worse than the other..

Sorry Wex but you're on a hiding to nothing here. No-one with a brain can deny that the IRA were terrorists, and they got increasing desperate and killed a lot of innocent people and gave misleading 'warnings' which resulted in carnage. The Government stood firm against them and the only relenting has come through talks, not violence.

However I still think there is no comparison it was all political and nothing to do with religion. If they achieved a united Ireland that would have been job done and the end of the IRA. No more kneecappings, religious bias or anything else. Business as before, except the bit at the top would be part of Ireland and not the UK.

The Islamics thing is totally different, they say they only want the West out of their lands, but it's more than that, they actually want a worldwide Islam along with sharia law and all that entails. So if they ever got their way the violence would only increase, with stonings, beheadings, hangings, amputations, forced marriages, state sanctioned paedophilia and homophobia and the rest. You only have to look at the countries they run to see how it would work out. Nightmare scenario.

We have to make sure our governments stand firm against them as well, like they did against the IRA terror campaign. Because we sure as hell don't want that way of life imposed on us.