Anyone live in Norton Lees area+work near university?

Hi, we're thinking of moving to Norton Lees as we've just had a baby and I wanted to be a bit closer to work (Uni). We currently live in Deepcar and it takes me about 50mins door to door by public transport. Does anyone travel from Norton lees to the uni area by public transport every day and if so, roughly how long does it take? I'm worried about moving there and having the additional problem of getting stuck in traffic everyday which would make the move a bit pointless! Thanks

Not long to get into city. The bus links are really good, about 20 minz..

the area is very congested with parked cars... highly populated but an ok to live I think..

the interesting problem you might have is that as far as i know, all the buses only go through the bottom of town.

so, the 20, 25, 43, 53 all go straight along the main road (where the retail estate is) into town, but the highest they go is arundel gate.

If you are commuting to uni of sheffield you might be better getting off at the bottom of london road and walking up the dual carriage way which is a good ten minute walk, either that or youl need to change in town...

if your at hallam then they all go pretty close by.

hi buses go up Derbyshire lane and although Norton lees road area, meersbrook park graves park, Scarsdale road. the 53 will drop you off at the central station by the uni,

Yeah it's uni of Sheffield I need to get to. Sounds like it will take 35 mins or so, including the walk. Still a bit quicker but not as quick as I'd like. The alternative is to move somewhere near a tram stop but I'm not having any luck so far with finding an area we like that we can afford but is not just a big housing estate. I'm probably being too picky.

HI..

we moved to Sheffield 7 months ago, I work in the city, we looked at over 80 houses, finally found the house we wanted, not were we planned not too keen on the area but fitted our budget, we moved just passed Hillsborough, it works for us..

even on tram, in the rush-hour can take time to get in to city.

mornings and evenings, Sheffield comes to a standstill, I brought myself a bike, takes just 10 mins even with the traffic!

some areas don't look that nice but are ok, good luck!

Hi Charnock is a nice little spot at Gleadless and on tram route..