Cheap safe accommodation in Sheffield or nearby

Hi! I have a friend in Manchester who is in urgent need of cheap accommodation in Sheffield or surrounding area for a week or two.

Any suggestions - please no trolls or time wasters answering to this - she's in an abusive relationship and needs to stay somewhere away from Manchester on Police advise and she's asked about Sheffield.

Not trolling but why only a week or two weeks?

Maybe better just booking into a B&B for such a short space of time, or could you not put her up seen as you are her friend?

Thanks Bruno

I'm not sure why it's only for a week or two.

Yes a B&B is an option - I'm hoping someone can suggest the names of suitable cheap places to stay.

If I was able to let her stay with me, I wouldn't be posting on SF asking for suggestions for cheap accommodation.

Try the Alara bed and breakfast on Penistone road £35 per night with full breakfast It is a basic B and B no frills but the reviews are OK.

Have a look at the charities and aid organisations on this link.

http://sheffielddact.org.uk/domestic-abuse/get-help/support-for-women/

There are helplines and refuges there.

Problem with even bed and breakfast is that a couple of weeks can be expensive if you dont have the money. It is for Sheffield so you might have to look at the equivalent in Manchester.

can she try her housing office in Manchester for a place in a refuge? you can ask to be placed out of your area.

haven house refuge in Sheffield accept self referals as well as from police & social care if she has these involved with her family. they have a website with contact details if you pop haven house Sheffield into Google it should bring you the website up

hth x

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Thanks for these suggestions, much appreciated. Will pass the information on.

Mod Note:

As this has been resolved, closing thread. In future, please place this request in the property wanted section of the classifieds.

Thank you.