MP says Hendersons Relish is a copy

hendersons tastes nothing like worchester sauce...i am addicted to bloody marys so im well aware of this.

worchester sauce is not suitable for use by vegetarians where hendersons is.

two completely different products which are labelled similar.

Its Worcester, as in Worcestershire :D

Still though they were using Hendo's in a London pub and was mentioned in a parliamentary debate. This ladies and gentleman is progress. All the marketing Hendo's marketing people need to do to complete the circle is get in contact with the said idiot's office and arrange some sort of event where he fully endorses the spicy yorksire sauce.

This is nothing to do with Clegg, there are 5 Labour MPs in Sheffield, just tell them there's some pork in it for them, Henderson's would do well on that.

True but the other threads were just general talk about Henderson's.

i know - i mentioned it in a post a month or so ago but i can't for the life of me remember when or why

i'm also a bit unconcerned that lea & perrins cornered the export market or became more universally known than hendersons

who cares what the chinese think, or a london mp?

it doesn't make any difference to the taste - if they are missing out that is their problem

Jim Dowd, MP for Lewisham West and Penge, Said, in parliament, that in a London pub he asked for Worcester Sauce and was given something called Hendedrsons Relish, which appeared to be something from Sheffield.

He used it as an example of well known products being undercut by cheap imitations.

Nick Clegg is a Sheffield MP.

Ask him to immediately refute this dreadful slur on a famous Sheffield product.

David Blunkett, Paul Blomfield, Meg Munn, Clive Betts & Angela Smith are also MPs for Sheffield and happen to be in the same party as Jim Dowd. Perhaps we should be contacting them also.

I've just sent him an email..

Dear Mr Dowd,

I would kindly ask that you retract your statement regarding Henderson's Relish. Worcester Sauce is made from fermented fish, where as Henderson's Relish is not.

As a Sheffield-er, I find those comments both harmful and untrue.

Us 'common' Sheffield folk have deep pride in Henderson's Relish, and it has been part of our culture for more than 100 years.

Tarnishing the name of Henderson's Relish is tarnishing the name of Sheffield.

We invented the Murray Mint you unknowingly chew on during long car journeys to East Fife.

We invented the Mushy peas you chow down while eating your over prices sloppy fish and chips.

Not to mention we were the pioneers in stainless steel, the same thing you use to eat your food with every bite slightly more overpowered by Worcester Sauce.

But don't take it from a working class common lad from Sheffield. Take it from people like Sean Bean, Michael Palin, Michael Vaughn and Jessica Ennis. This is just a handful of the people from Sheffield who have changed the landscape about how people think about certain subjects.

But then again, Your an MP for Lewisham. The only famous person to come out of Lewisham is Sid Vicious and that's debatable.

Thank you for taking time out of you busy schedule of slagging people off.

Much Appreciated

Daniel Simpkins

Hendo's Lover

I believe Hendo's used to contain Worcester sauce. This is according to my veggie housemate who was unable to sample the delights of the spicy Yorkshire sauce until they took that out!

I've just sent him an email..

Dear Mr Dowd,

I would kindly ask that you retract your statement regarding Henderson's Relish. Worcester Sauce is made from fermented fish, where as Henderson's Relish is not.

As a Sheffield-er, I find those comments both harmful and untrue.

Us 'common' Sheffield folk have deep pride in Henderson's Relish, and it has been part of our culture for more than 100 years.

Tarnishing the name of Henderson's Relish is tarnishing the name of Sheffield.

We invented the Murray Mint you unknowingly chew on during long car journeys to East Fife.

We invented the Mushy peas you chow down while eating your over prices sloppy fish and chips.

Not to mention we were the pioneers in stainless steel, the same thing you use to eat your food with every bite slightly more overpowered by Worcester Sauce.

But don't take it from a working class common lad from Sheffield. Take it from people like Sean Bean, Michael Palin, Michael Vaughn and Jessica Ennis. This is just a handful of the people from Sheffield who have changed the landscape about how people think about certain subjects.

But then again, Your an MP for Lewisham. The only famous person to come out of Lewisham is Sid Vicious and that's debatable.

Thank you for taking time out of you busy schedule of slagging people off.

Much Appreciated

Daniel Simpkins

Hendo's Lover

If only there was a like button.

If only there was a like button.

That's good enough for me pal :D

i know - i mentioned it in a post a month or so ago but i can't for the life of me remember when or why

i'm also a bit unconcerned that lea & perrins cornered the export market or became more universally known than hendersons

who cares what the chinese think, or a london mp?

it doesn't make any difference to the taste - if they are missing out that is their problem

It was never really to make you think what others think, but make you see what IS happening, and what HAD happened. A lot of British goods were exported abroad in historical times, and whether that was for ex-pat's consumption or not. It actually and literally now being used as a part of their culture also.

This is why sometimes I do not know why some people think that they are not part of the global economy, or that they are beginning to be more and more insular looking.

A lot of people use Worcester sauce, but they have no idea of its origin.

It also just goes to show how different the world was then because nobody would have stood up and said "that was my recipe first" like the modern companies do now. Apple does that in everything they invent, and then sue any others for imitations to protect their market shares. Maybe that explains why the MP thinks it is a copy. Well, he certainly has a lesson to learn in trade now. Seriously.

Jim Dowd, MP for Lewisham West and Penge, Said, in parliament, that in a London pub he asked for Worcester Sauce and was given something called Hendedrsons Relish, which appeared to be something from Sheffield.

He used it as an example of well known products being undercut by cheap imitations.

Nick Clegg is a Sheffield MP.

Ask him to immediately refute this dreadful slur on a famous Sheffield product.

Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce was created nearly 100 years before Henderson's relish.

Its Worcester, as in Worcestershire :D

'Worchester', absolutely brilliant! I reckon that says it all!