MP says Hendersons Relish is a copy

You are proud of whats yours, and Henderson's is most certainly Sheffield, so whats wrong with being proud of it ?

Same with the Jessica Ennis thread. The hate and bile that was on there was pretty shameful.

You see and hear of Northern and Yorkshire pride, but there seems to be a bubble of the opposite in Sheffield, or on this forum at least.

Same with the Jessica Ennis thread. The hate and bile that was on there was pretty shameful.

There wasn't any hate or bile, just a few people voicing an opinion than ran contrary to to the popular (majority) opinion.

The idea of having in-built, automatic pride for something/someone simply because you have a geographical link with that thing/person is absolutely bizarre! I happen to think that Sean Bean is a rubbish actor, Def Leppard are a rubbish band and Henderson's Relish is not a patch on Lea and Perrin's, but I was born in Sheffield and have lived here happily for 50 years!

The idea of having in-built, automatic pride for something/someone simply because you have a geographical link with that thing/person is absolutely bizarre! I happen to think that Sean Bean is a rubbish actor, Def Leppard are a rubbish band and Henderson's Relish is not a patch on Lea and Perrin's, but I was born in Sheffield and have lived here happily for 50 years!

What, if anything, are you proud of from Sheffield ?

And just because the things you list are not high up on your list, do you think others should mocked for having some pride in them ?

What, if anything, are you proud of from Sheffield ?

And just because the things you list are not high up on your list, do you think others should mocked for having some pride in them ?

It's industrial heritage, lots of it's musical heritage and it's fantastic hilly terrain.

Sometimes, blind, unquestioning allegiance is fair game for mockery.

The steel works are gone, loads of places have hills and on the scale of music from northern cities we don't fair so well either.

So your own interest in the city can also be questioned, whats it matter what makes someone proud of where they are, surly its better to be proud of something rather than not giving a tosh about anything, why does mockery have to come into it ?

(I like our industrial heritage and hills and music) :)

Worcester Sauce is made from fermented fish. Hendersons Relish is not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worcestershire_sauce

... fermented fish ...

K.

Is Hendersons the same as Yorkshire Relish

---------- Post added 28-01-2014 at 21:13 ----------

Jim Dowd, MP for Lewisham West and Penge, Said, in parliament, that in a London pub he asked for Worcester Sauce and was given something called Hendedrsons Relish, which appeared to be something from Sheffield.

He used it as an example of well known products being undercut by cheap imitations.

Nick Clegg is a Sheffield MP.

Ask him to immediately refute this dreadful slur on a famous Sheffield product.

Is Hendersons the same as the old Yorkshire relish

Yorkshire Relish was made by Goodall's in Leeds but the company went bust, for some reason the product continues to be made in Ireland. Henderson's has nothing to do with Goodall's apart from they happened to be made in the same county.

More on Goodall's http://goodalls.ie/about-us/history-of-the-goodalls-brand-in-ireland/

It's industrial heritage, lots of it's musical heritage and it's fantastic hilly terrain.

Sometimes, blind, unquestioning allegiance is fair game for mockery.

Yet you say:

Def Leppard are a rubbish band

So you're happy to support musical heritage unless its Def Leppard - a band you don't like, but did rather well in the 80s and 90s and has a pretty large worldwide following and, according to my copy of Guinness World Records are 251st in the top 500.

Yorkshire Relish was made by Goodall's in Leeds but the company went bust, for some reason the product continues to be made in Ireland. Henderson's has nothing to do with Goodall's apart from they happened to be made in the same county.

More on Goodall's http://goodalls.ie/about-us/history-of-the-goodalls-brand-in-ireland/

Thanks I've not tried Henderson's but my grandma always had Yorkshire relish which we put on meat & potato pies