Anyone Have Any Memories of Prince Naseem Hamed

I remember thinking "That is one Fuggly Inbred Looking Prince"

A friend of my daughter lived next door to him and apparently he had cardboard cutouts of himself lining his living room.
Bet there was one in his bedroom as well :gag:

He s a fat has been now isn't he ?

---------- Post added 21-01-2014 at 00:47 ----------

he's a fat has been isn't he?

He s a fat has been now isn't he ?

---------- Post added 21-01-2014 at 00:47 ----------

he's a fat has been isn't he?

A fat has been with loads of dosh, his arrogance was his downfall.....

Why? Has he passed away?

Yeah I thought that. Nothing in the news though so far as I can see.

-

I don't like watching boxing, but I know what is good. He was obviously very good at boxing, and a good entertainer.

Having extreme talent for something, and being entertaining as well, generally gets you a few quid (assuming that you get spotted, or win enough, and/or you get noticed by the right people).

To be a good boxer, I think you have to be arrogant (in a certain manner). If fame and money comes after that, then who knows what goes on in someone's head. How many people here know?

Most 'celebrities' come across as arrogant to me, so perhaps they all were? Or could it just be the money and/or fame aspect, regardless of talent in anything.

It's funny. I read the wiki article on him, and there were two paragraphs which stood out. One about his retirement and that he mentioned that he had broken all his bones in his hands and actually cannot train any more. There was another comment from a sports promoter about him having the highest potential. Yet, there were a few sentences which described his desire to be with family.

I would choose family too. There comes a point in each person's life that you gotta call in what you sowed in life and take responsibilities for the next generation. I do not quite understand why others seem to berate him for wanting to do so.

He even got his face on bank notes in the Yemen...

And now he's literally spent.

So popular was he with his public that I was with him in the queue at the petrol station once at Banner Cross and nobody approached him or said anything to him other than the bloke on the till. What price fame and adulation? Whatever it is the Prince couldn't afford it apparently.

And my encounter with him was before the crash.

Edited by DT Ralge