Fluorescent billboard on Parkway, in front of Magnomatics is annoying!

During the day there's the (much brighter) Sun, how do you cope with that?

Using a sun visor to block the sun

...and when your sun visor isn't low enough to block the Sun?

Or use your sun visor to block out the light from the sign, like you do the sun...not really rocket science is it?

This claim really is absurd. I wonder where the letter of complaints went after the highways officials had a good laugh?

What I think is the matter is that when they switch ads it makes you refocus and takes your mind off driving. Incar TVs are illegal as they can be distracting yes roadside are not. The ad I don't like at the moment is the one with a black background and green text as it makes it really hard to focus, even if it's in the side of your eye view

I agree :)

---------- Post added 20-02-2014 at 16:17 ----------

Yes but using an LED board the colours are much brighter and in your face at night. During the day I have no issues with it

Agreed also.

It's a problem with certain ads, at night time, with the street lights out on that section of road

---------- Post added 20-02-2014 at 16:20 ----------

Just ignore the trolls TBD ;)

Rootsbooster is just after a fight, not interested in other people's reality

You can put people on an 'ignore' list if you wish, by going into your control panel...

It's proven very useful on this thread ;)

---------- Post added 20-02-2014 at 16:21 ----------

This claim really is absurd. I wonder where the letter of complaints went after the highways officials had a good laugh?

It's gone to the Head of Transport AO, thanks for asking :)

Edited by Solomon1

It's a problem with certain ads, at night time, with the street lights out on that section of road

---------- Post added 20-02-2014 at 16:20 ----------

Just ignore the trolls TBD ;)

Rootsbooster is just after a fight, not interested in other people's reality

You can put people on an 'ignore' list if you wish, by going into your control panel...

It's proven very useful on this thread ;)

---------- Post added 20-02-2014 at 16:21 ----------

It's gone to the head of transport AO, thanks for asking :)

Ok, you drive out of Sheffield and you are claiming this sign is causing you problems?

Right, for a start the parkway up until Derek Dooley Way is sufficiently lit, the sign is obstructed until you are almost upon it by a bridge and some trees (so you don't see the sign until the last minute and even then, it's for a few seconds), then you have sufficient light being emitted from the office complex and street behind the sign and then you have light being emitted by the flats, street and retail park opposite.

So, given the area is not that dark and considering the other factors raised above, you telling me your eyes/concentration span cannot cope with this sign?

Let me get this right, it's ok for you to have an opinion, but if someone disagrees you resort to the block button and accuse them of being trolls. Very mature.

I am sure the head of transport is taking pity on you right now. He might write back to you suggesting you should remove all light bulbs and any other remotely bright objects from your home, to avoid any temporary distraction/blindness.

Edited by Agent Orange

Ok, you drive out of Sheffield and you are claiming this sign is causing you problems?

Right, for a start the parkway up until Derek Dooley Way is sufficiently lit, the sign is obstructed until you are almost upon it by a bridge and some trees (so you don't see the sign until the last minute and even then, it's for a few seconds), then you have sufficient light being emitted from the office complex and street behind the sign and then you have light being emitted by the flats, street and retail park opposite.

So, given the area is not that dark and considering the other factors raised above, you telling me your eyes/concentration span cannot cope with this sign?

Let me get this right, it's ok for you to have an opinion, but if someone disagrees you resort to the block button and accusing them of being trolls. Very mature.

I am sure the head of transport is taking pity on you right now. He might write back to you suggesting you should remove all light bulbs and any other remotely bright objects from your home, to avoid any temporary distraction/blindness.

Dont forget the lights on the other cars!!!!

Dont forget the lights on the other cars!!!!

Yes, there is that also. It's a very busy stretch of road so there's plenty of them :)

It's gone to the Head of Transport AO, thanks for asking :)

Do make sure you come back and tell us what their response was :)

the sign is not half as annoying as people not useing the overtaking lane on the , coisley hill parkway link,instead of backing up to prince of wales road,thats what its for then filter in, you get the i wont let you in brigade but just filter , makes me laugh they let a police car in when they see them or blue light same in am backlog from roundabout use the right hand lane and filter,if you pas a 13 or 14 plate new car they let you in because they are frightend to get it scratched,and dont wont to run in to the back of your car as that would be them at fault for following to close

Solomon probably won't read that, he blocks most people that don't agree with his point of view, in a way I suppose he's blinkered, which would have helped when he was driving past the dazzling billboard.