Fluorescent billboard on Parkway, in front of Magnomatics is annoying!

Evening everyone :D

Today I'm gonna have a moan!

Does anyone else drive on the Parkway out of Sheff in the mornings and been dazzled by that new fluorescent billboard on the left side, outside Magnomatics and just in front of the police station?

It's really been gettin my goat...

Please tell me I'm not alone :help:

Love

As Always

Sol

:)

Does anyone have a photo of this?

I think it can be distracting as well, especially when it changes image and you get one with a bright white background - it definitely catches your eye!

Yes I find it very distracting, you wouldn't think it should be allowed either

yeah, that's the one haha!

---------- Post added 20-01-2014 at 00:47 ----------

I think it can be distracting as well, especially when it changes image and you get one with a bright white background - it definitely catches your eye!

blinds you more like! :D

---------- Post added 20-01-2014 at 00:47 ----------

Yes I find it very distracting, you wouldn't think it should be allowed either

totally agreed. am amazed they got planning permission! am going to complain to the council about it

My partner and I commented the other day on how dazzling, distracting and potentially dangerous this is.

It's way too bright and it doesn't help at all that the traffic lights are out for the section all the way from the roundabout at Nunnery Square all the way past the retail park (or at least they have been for the last few weeks).

totally agreed. am amazed they got planning permission! am going to complain to the council about it

go for it and good luck

Mind you might stand a better chance if you suggest that it is moved to the staples/mothercare site :)

---------- Post added 20-01-2014 at 09:09 ----------

These LED signs are becoming very common on the side of the road and I must admit that I do find it suprising that they are allowed as they can be VERY distracting,

Most of the ones I have seen so far are outside car dealers which I suppose makes sense as when you have wrecked your car by being distracted by the sign you wont have far to go to buy a new one :)

I drive over the parkway there and its distracting from the bridge! I mentioned it last time I drove over, only to be told I'm getting old :roll:

early on a misty morning its like the second coming!