How to remove a program from hard drive?

Alternatively, reboot whilst pressing F8 then select "Safe Mode" - this boots the system with the minimum set of drivers/files for the system to work. It should then bypass the usual startup sequence, and hopefully you'd be able to uninstall it from within this mode, as these program's files shouldn't have been accessed/be open.

If they are, you're looking at potentially something that's registered itself as a service. Try safemode first before resorting to installing anything else to just get rid of something. A lot of these third party uninstaller type of programs can contain malware in themselves.

Think that's done the trick! Just checking for traces of it now... thanks! :)

---------- Post added 19-01-2014 at 15:28 ----------

Alternatively, reboot whilst pressing F8 then select "Safe Mode" - this boots the system with the minimum set of drivers/files for the system to work. It should then bypass the usual startup sequence, and hopefully you'd be able to uninstall it from within this mode, as these program's files shouldn't have been accessed/be open.

If they are, you're looking at potentially something that's registered itself as a service. Try safemode first before resorting to installing anything else to just get rid of something. A lot of these third party uninstaller type of programs can contain malware in themselves.

Ah right, thank you, I'll do that next time.

It's called Mobogenie.

Download and run ADWcleaner.

This should remove it along with other crap left behind. Let me know if it's successful.

---------- Post added 19-01-2014 at 15:41 ----------

Lol. where's the courtesy gone from in this section. When someone is dealing with a problem leave them to it. Numerous people jumping in only serves to confuse. Th OP potentially has other files left over from the rogue installer, the advice given above will not remove these. Jeez.

Edited by megalithic

Download and run ADWcleaner.

This should remove it along with other crap left behind. Let me know if it's successful.

---------- Post added 19-01-2014 at 15:41 ----------

Lol. where's the courtesy gone from in this section. When someone is dealing with a problem leave them to it. Numerous people jumping in only serves to confuse. Th OP potentially has other files left over from the rogue installer, the advice given above will not remove these. Jeez.

My antivirus is blocking that, is there anywhere else I can get it from?

Wow, there was a LOT of traces of that, and other unwanted downloads. It's cleaning it up now. Thanks!!!

Yvw. Waddler may want to run you through some more checks to see it's totally clean. He's a top man with far more knowledge than myself. :thumbsup: