Gerry's Bakery - South Road

I've just been in and bought the most lovely soda bread :)

I was walking past this morning before he'd opened and was having a look through the window. He saw me and opened up to ask what I was looking for. I said I was cooking Italian tonight and fancied something herby. He said he'd do a run of olive and oregano bread and would keep one behind for me.

Just picked it up now, great service.

It really is a great shop, they are so friendly and helpful in there. I find I can't physically walk down South Rd without going in - the mother-ship is calling me! :D

Hope its a great success, sounds like he knows about great customer service, offers a different high quality product. Hope he gets his marketing right.

I went in yesterday for the first time and will be going back soon! The bread is delicious as are the cakes! What a great place!

if he put a sign up (there still wasn't one there last time I went in) then he might do even better.

if he put a sign up (there still wasn't one there last time I went in) then he might do even better.

thats because its our little secret in walkley

Well he seems to be doing OK as he's just expanded the bakery side into the old Bargain Booze unit a few doors down.

It's good to see a local business doing well. Gerry is a top bloke and the rest of his staff are friendly and helpful too.