Malwarebytes free version

Thanks, had a look at that screenshot and don't think that option was visible although the other two were. As the trial version had a 30 day limit I thought when I un-installed it and then re-installed it rather than the four days remaining it'd be reset to 30 days. Nope I've now got three days and it does seem rather pushy as a pop up appears every now and then alerting me that the trial version is going to run out which I'm now ignoring even though the pop up window helpfully offers me a link to upgrade to the paid pro version. I'm going to be interested to see what happens when the thirty days has elapsed but will have the time and the sheer bloody mindedness to let it do it's thing without me getting in a quandary.

Hi wall builder - maybe if you already started the trial it doesn't have that option?

I upgraded to pro a few years ago using a half price voucher code so it only cost me about 8 quid for a lifetime license - worth looking for one of those if you do upgrade.

If not then after 30 days it will just revert to free anyway.

Edited by CPC464

I really cant recall ever having the problems that you are wallbuilder, perhaps as has been suggested you ticked something or failed to untick something?

I've only got three days to go and then the trial version expires so I just hope the thing just changes to the free version as people are saying. I still think that the company are just trying to make things confusing for people so they will be persuaded to buy the pro version. I may even dig out an old machine that I know has never had malwarebytes on it and then try to install it just to see if I am then given the option to tick for the free version but don't fancy digging into the back of one of my store cupboards at present to get that machine out as they'll probably be spiders running out in all dirrections.

I've only got three days to go and then the trial version expires so I just hope the thing just changes to the free version as people are saying. I still think that the company are just trying to make things confusing for people so they will be persuaded to buy the pro version. I may even dig out an old machine that I know has never had malwarebytes on it and then try to install it just to see if I am then given the option to tick for the free version but don't fancy digging into the back of one of my store cupboards at present to get that machine out as they'll probably be spiders running out in all dirrections.

Thats what I did to get the screenshot - on a fresh machine it gives you the option - although it is already ticked.

http://tinypic.com/r/eg3c04/5

I'd recommend buying it anyway (look for a discount code first) - much better value than any paid AV and it never expires