The Crown and Anchor pub FitzWilliam Street

Button lane ran from the back of Pickerings and came out near the bottom of Ecclesall road where there were some small shops, if memory serves there was a grocers called Gallons on the corner and lower down a butchers then houses, their back yards were accessed from Button lane. the pub on the corner I believe was called The Ecclesall Tavern, I think it was closed for redevelopment

---------- Post added 20-01-2014 at 22:48 ----------

Button lane was not on corner of Fitzwilliam street but Moor street probably where the centre of the dual carriage is today

would this button lane run to Clarence street, going up moor street from pickerings was terraced housing I knew a lad called alan wild who lived there.

would this button lane run to Clarence street, going up moor street from pickerings was terraced housing I knew a lad called alan wild who lived there.

you could be right it is a very long time ago, I had a friend who lived on there called Susan Wood her mother was Irene

Button lane ran from the back of Pickerings and came out near the bottom of Ecclesall road where there were some small shops, if memory serves there was a grocers called Gallons on the corner and lower down a butchers then houses, their back yards were accessed from Button lane. the pub on the corner I believe was called The Ecclesall Tavern, I think it was closed for redevelopment

---------- Post added 20-01-2014 at 22:48 ----------

Button lane was not on corner of Fitzwilliam street but Moor street probably where the centre of the dual carriage is today

There were Gallons shops in Broomhill and Upperthorpe/Crooksmoor wasn't there? Thank you for your answers. I have a map pf Sheffield from 1900 and Button Lane did join(or cross over) FitzWilliam street but don't know what happened after 1960 when the dual carriage way was built