Fright night 2014 cancelled

Strange how the council can find the money for a bike race

Lol, are you comparing the le Tour to fright night?

Which will bring a huge amount of inward investment and global focus on our region.

I read the thread as 'Friday night cancelled by the council' then opened it up to see what it had been replaced with. Doh.

Console yourself PS, your idiocy is understandable, after all if "t'council" deemed Friday night were cancelled I honestly think some people would blindly believe it were true and moan about Coronation Street being reduced to 2 nights a week ;)

what's strange about it?

Isnt there the risk that people are just going to go into the City Centre anyway on that night in question and create their own entertainment?

Too true, and they can't even get the day of the month and the month itself the right way round.

:hihi: i second that :hihi:

Why don't people just go to the City Centre on Halloween and do their own Fright Night?

I've never been, but what sort of facilities were provided by the council and police?

the problem i have is this is worth a lot of money to sheffield and people come from a long way to take part yet again the coucil cut a event for the people blame the goverment i bet comes from the mouth of julie bore

well it stated on the radio the event was cancelled by the scc. then it went on to say the police hadn't help by saying they may charge,but if theres such a huge footfall,why is it not sustainable,is it not possible for a private company to run it as it attracts all these thousands of people ,who must spend lots of money

but who do they actually spend their money with?

i've never been so i don't really know what happens, but lots of people spending lots of money with a number of independent traders doesn't really help the organising company.

if the company was to try and recover all the costs from the traders then it probably wouldn't be worth their while taking part.

charging an entrance fee would cut footfall and you would need to seal off the city centre which would be impossible and costly and, in the fullness of time create a 200 page thread on here from people moaning that bus was delayed/diverted/cancelled because of a load of faux zombies.

The council don't run this event. It's run by a private company.

But this is Sheffield Forum, don't ever let the truth get in the way of someone moaning about minorities and the council ;)