Fright night 2014 cancelled

Better things to do with my time.

You would have fitted in well with a face like that.

Yet SYP somehow managed to buy lots of big stickers for their civilian cars to make them look like patrol cars. £8k is nothing these days. I doubt it would even cover the daily donut run. :hihi:

Us Gay people have also had the same problem whenever we have tried to organise a big parade through the city centre; the police charge a bomb to close each section of street/junction, and it is an eternal debate whether Pride should pay for it or public money be spent on it; this year Pride charged up to £14 a ticket, so I hope that will have helped to cover at least some of the policing costs...

Shame to see that Fright Night seems to be cancelled, although maybe a private sponsor can come forward.

However, last year I briefly visited Fright Night on the way to entertain at the bar here I do weekly cabaret, and I was disappointed with Fright Night in the extreme; it seemed to be just loads of kids messing around and chucking fireworks at cars and pedestrians all along High Street, and nothing at all in the wya of live entertainment, street theatre or genuinely entertaining activities.

Maybe it needs to be reoragnised, with Fright Night's Little brother made into a larger daytime event for families and everyone under 18, and for the evening event to be turned into a paid for ticket only event on Dev Green or Barkers Pool for Over 18's ONLY.

as for fireworks, I would heartily agree for a TOTAL BAN on public being allowed to purchase any at all; they shoul be for ORGANISED DISPLAYS ONLY; it is astonishing that youngsters can STILL get their hands on what are DEADLY ORDNANCE at a time when the world is so 'concerned' about terroism lol.:rant::rant:

You would have fitted in well with a face like that.

Like what?

Like what?

Bites lip, somebody last year dressed like a zombie fish :)

Bites lip, somebody last year dressed like a zombie fish :)

I bet that was ugly.:hihi:

I bet that was ugly.:hihi:

Scared the hell outta me!:hihi:

Had a big button on it's head as well :suspect:

Scared the hell outta me!:hihi:

Had a big button on it's head as well :suspect:

I know the button you mean. Scary stuff:hihi:

As an Events Management student I can see the reasoning for the close as all the different Legalities and economic influences that the event. They just need a new innovative idea to add to the event to draw the crowd in. As a regular citizen it is sad to see that a family orientated event such as Fright Night being cancelled. I feel like the council are letting the city down events wise. I attend the Xmas light switch on and felt it was a tame attempt at another Fright Night and I know that was also run by Yellow Bus Events. This city is supposed to be know to be an events city and I just feel it could lose that reputation.

As an Events Management student I can see the reasoning for the close as all the different Legalities and economic influences that the event. They just need a new innovative idea to add to the event to draw the crowd in. As a regular citizen it is sad to see that a family orientated event such as Fright Night being cancelled. I feel like the council are letting the city down events wise. I attend the Xmas light switch on and felt it was a tame attempt at another Fright Night and I know that was also run by Yellow Bus Events. This city is supposed to be know to be an events city and I just feel it could lose that reputation.

An events city? What on earth you basing that on? Snooker? Few bands at the arena?

An events city? What on earth you basing that on? Snooker? Few bands at the arena?

West Street is pretty eventful at chucking out time:)

And Michael Portillo didnt want to stop for another visit! Bah!