Fright night 2014 cancelled

just been on the radio fright night cancelled for 2014 as council cannot afford it

and they say police not helping and saying may charge,its a disgrace that familys cannot have a night out,but I bet they find cash for some thing that is for the minority:(:(

OOh another bash the minority and blame them for everything thread.

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/what-s-on/after-scary-weather-fright-night-faces-financial-test-1-6208390

Now attention turns to the finances for next year, especially the council and the threat of a charge for the policing, suggested previously at £8,000.

Scott said: “There is nothing in the budget for a police charge and I can’t see the council are going to pay it. Therefore it would be terminal.”

and a thead from last January talking about the possibility of it being cancelled:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1112853

This sums it up for me:

an event that attracts 45000 visitors creates a massive revenue. Clearly if the event is loosing money someone is doing their sums wrong.

The police are skint.

Yet SYP somehow managed to buy lots of big stickers for their civilian cars to make them look like patrol cars. £8k is nothing these days. I doubt it would even cover the daily donut run. :hihi:

---------- Post added 16-01-2014 at 12:45 ----------

just been on the radio fright night cancelled for 2014 as council cannot afford it

and they say police not helping and saying may charge,its a disgrace that familys cannot have a night out,but I bet they find cash for some thing that is for the minority:(:(

You may win that bet, you may lose it. Whats your point?

---------- Post added 16-01-2014 at 12:46 ----------

OOh another bash the minority and blame them for everything thread.

Dont be a drama queen. The council are getting the blame on this one.

its a disgrace that familys cannot have a night out

Really? Has a curfew been imposed? Is the city centre to be cordoned off? Was Fright Night the only opportunity for a night out in Sheffield in the whole year?

We didn't have Fright Night for decades prior to 2000. Somehow we survived.

Thank God its been cancelled,

Perhaps people can do something more productive than dress their children as dead schoolkids,

If people want it enough, why not make a donation to the council to pay the policing :)

Yet SYP somehow managed to buy lots of big stickers for their civilian cars to make them look like patrol cars. £8k is nothing these days. I doubt it would even cover the daily donut run. :hihi:

I hate them cars ,i keep braking and slowing down to the speed limit because i think they are normal plod cars when they arnt.

Thank God its been cancelled,

Perhaps people can do something more productive than dress their children as dead schoolkids,

"Trick or treat", another crap american import, along with Miley Cirus and McDonalds hamburgers, and saying "24/7", and the worst offender of all, american "beer", (if you can call it that):hihi:

"Trick or treat", another crap american import, along with Miley Cirus and McDonalds hamburgers, and saying "24/7", and the worst offender of all, american "beer", (if you can call it that):hihi:

But apart from that, you're not a moaning old git are ya. :hihi:

Dont be a drama queen. The council are getting the blame on this one.

I fail to see his reason for mentioning the minority at all. Go ahead and blame the council. I very rarely see anything positive said about the council. Maybe people should become councillors then they can make the decisions instead of bleating on about things.