Nuisance mobile phone calls!

I need a bit of advice, an older friend of ours is getting loads of nuisance calls on his mobile also on his home phone, I've found the number for BT, but can't seem to find anything relating to this on Orange. Anyone know what I could do to help?

It's getting him down now.:(

Ignore them (the calls not your friend). The more you answer the more they know its a "good" number, and more calls he'll get - it's the same with texts dont text back STOP because they won't. Tell them to only answer numbers they recognise and let the rest leave a message. Could you help them setup contacts on their phone so for example " mrs overall" is displayed rather than just a number?

Most new smart phones have a block option.

Ignore them (the calls not your friend). The more you answer the more they know its a "good" number, and more calls he'll get - it's the same with texts dont text back STOP because they won't. Tell them to only answer numbers they recognise and let the rest leave a message. Could you help them setup contacts on their phone so for example " mrs overall" is displayed rather than just a number?

Thanks for that, I'll explain this to him..:)

Are they premium numbers? You can ask your network provider to block them.

But it also means that you won't be able to use some of the other numbers like 0845 to dial out though.

My Dad used to get a lot of nuisance calls. I copied down the number and text it to 87726. This is a free service advocated by themoneysavingexpert.com. The calls became less and less frequent. It works.

Thanks folks for your replies, I think he's going to get onto his network provider and keep a note of the numbers...:))