Sorn problems !!

Hi all

Have SORN expiry dates been scrapped now please??

I just tried doing it online (Each January for my li'l Midget) and it says it's already SORN:confused::confused:

I definitely haven't done it this year :huh:

Has anyone else tried SORN'ing a car and had the same thing??

Cheers, Biggsy :)

has sorn expired yet or you just trying to do it in advance as recently done one for mate and had no problem

http://www.motoring.co.uk/car-news/insurance-documents-no-longer-needed-to-tax-cars_60297?utm_source=motoring.co.uk&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=newsletter&src=motoring

The Continuous Enforcement Scheme is part of a package to remove red tape. Let us consider the other elements. Motorists that own vehicles that are not in use must – as has been the case for years – complete a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN). However, this is now a one-off rather than an annual process. Vehicles simply remain legally off the road until taxed, sold or scrapped. - See more at: http://www.motoring.co.uk/car-news/insurance-documents-no-longer-needed-to-tax-cars_60297?utm_source=motoring.co.uk&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=newsletter&src=motoring#sthash.i1lhGQGw.dpuf

You don’t have to buy a tax disc if you don’t use or keep your vehicle on a public road (eg you keep it in a garage, on a drive or on private land). You must make a SORN instead. Your SORN is valid until your vehicle is taxed, sold or scrapped

From government website

Thanks everyone :thumbsup:

Apparently as shaz112 says, It doesn't have to be done every year now, it's registered as sorn until I tax it or scrap it so I don't have to keep doing it now :clap:

It was changed in December it would appear :banana::banana::banana:

I just have to get the old girl roadworthy now so that I can tax and use her :nod:

It's not all good tho.

Under new rules you now cannot sell a car with tax, the old owner must cash in the remaining tax and the new owner must apply for new tax themselves.

A nice little kick in the crotch that was kept quiet.

It's not all good tho.

Under new rules you now cannot sell a car with tax, the old owner must cash in the remaining tax and the new owner must apply for new tax themselves.

A nice little kick in the crotch that was kept quiet.

I've not seen that..what's the reasoning behind it...?

Hi all

Have SORN expiry dates been scrapped now please??

I just tried doing it online (Each January for my li'l Midget) and it says it's already SORN:confused::confused:

I definitely haven't done it this year :huh:

Has anyone else tried SORN'ing a car and had the same thing??

I once sorned a car with just under 5 months tax on it.

Oooopsie :lol: