Celebrities Living in Sheffield

I think this post highlights very well how few celebrities we have living in Sheffield, and indeed how low the bar is in what makes a celebrity in Sheffield.

Aye, must agree. From the submitted lists, there are very few Famous/Celebrities living in Sheffield.

A few second division bladder kickers, a couple of second rate soap "stars" and a "pop" singer from the 70's is pretty poor. Take away Jess and her gold medal, and there isn't much left.

Angel.

I heard that Jarvis Cocker now has a pad out Edale way. He was shopping for furniture down Abbeydale Road the other day.

Of course Richard Hawley has never left, loves the city and lives up near High Storrs.

Phil Oakey lives near Banners Cross.

I heard that Jarvis Cocker now has a pad out Edale way. He was shopping for furniture down Abbeydale Road the other day.

Of course Richard Hawley has never left, loves the city and lives up near High Storrs.

House hunting recently, but still in Sheffield

House hunting recently, but still in Sheffield

That explains why I've not seen him about recently.

Used to bump into him in Somerfields all the time

He is often seen at Bramall Lane, season ticket holder.

That Mark (The Chase) bloke?

He presented some award or other on the pitch at the Wed v Wigan game.

I wondered what the hell was he doing at a Wednesday v Wigan match?

I assumed that he lived, I don't know ............. Surrey or somewhere, so it was a surprise to see him at Hillsborough.

He got absolutely soaked. :hihi:

Dorothy Squires (or Roger Moore) used to live in Sheffield. My brother was a carpet fitter, and one day he came home saying he'd fitted Roger Moore's carpet somewhere in Fulwood. I don't know if it was Moore's house and Squires was visiting, or the other way round ............... ?

Edited by Hotmale 1954

nick clegg doesnt stay in sheff much..all the artic monkees went years ago..fair play to them..i live at grenoside and see that scottish bloke of hollyoaks as he lives near me...

---------- Post added 17-01-2014 at 12:37 ----------

oh yeah and i used to live next door to glen gregory from heaven 17 when i was growing up..his mum still lives there and he comes to c her a lot..

Used to live in Paris and still has a place there according to Wiki.

Says he lives in East Sheen London and is the Culteral Ambassador for Eurostar.

He has a son from his failed marriage who lives with his mother in Paris so its an advantage living in London for the Eurostar.

Maybe its his Sheffield/Northern base.

Jarvis's mum works at rounds news opposite the greystones pub,i'll ask her next time i go in :)

I had to pay a visit to a house at Banner Cross a couple of years ago and the bloke next door passed the time of day with me. After he went indoors the person I was visiting told me it was Phil Oakey, I never recognised him, he has a very different hairstyle from his early days of fame. There again, so have I :D

Human Leage band member Joanne Catherall, my ex neighbour, lives ten minutes or so walk away from Phil Oakey.

Paul McCartney lives in Sheffield, next door to Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise is the paper boy on that street as well, but only on weekdays, the Sunday paper bag is too big and heavy for him :hihi:

And he got the sack! He couldn't reach the letterboxes...:P

---------- Post added 17-01-2014 at 16:50 ----------

Aye, must agree. From the submitted lists, there are very few Famous/Celebrities living in Sheffield.

A few second division bladder kickers, a couple of second rate soap "stars" and a "pop" singer from the 70's is pretty poor. Take away Jess and her gold medal, and there isn't much left.

Angel.

Hey-up Lone Ranger!

My brother may not be classed a celebrity,because he aint been in Big Brother and all that crap,but at least he got his name on the Sheff walk of fame...:thumbsup: