Where can i get headlight covers

Does anyone know where I can buy headlight covers for a Toyota Yaris Gls year 2000. I have looked on Euro parts web site but they don't have them.Also how difficult are they to remove and replace ? Mine have really clouded over and for safety reasons I think I should replace them .Thank you .:)

They're bonded onto the rest of the light unit, you can't normally buy just the plastic lens - you have to buy the entire light unit.

It's often possible to do a DIY fix, dismantle the light units and polish the cloudy lens clear again.

sometimes you can just polish the outside of the lens to fix it as well, but it all depends on the nature of the problem.

I've seen an advert for a company that will sort them for about £15, can't remember their name though.

There's various sites on the web that say you can use toothpaste. I've done it on a plastic watch to polish out scratches.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/09/clean-headlights-toothpaste_n_3046013.html

http://www.wikihow.com/Clean-Headlights

Couple of good ideas there guys .Thank you .I will try the toothpaste first . It might be a problem for me if it's inside the cover though as no idea how to dismantle but i'm up for having a go lol

Remove the light from the car, remove the bulbs.

Put the light unit in the oven, 100-150 degree's for a couple of minutes.

The heat softens the glue holding the cover on, you can just prize it off.

If you don't make a massive mess you can usually re-heat the parts to soften the glue again and push it back together - if there's enough glue left it'll seal up perfect :)

also saw on tv using toothpaste to clean the plastic lens it was the tooth whitener type toothpaste think it was wheeler dealers

a few links here on youtube

Edited by flynnroy

I am going to give it a go ,I will let you know how I get on .Thank you for your replies .

Does anyone know where I can buy headlight covers for a Toyota Yaris Gls year 2000. I have looked on Euro parts web site but they don't have them.Also how difficult are they to remove and replace ? Mine have really clouded over and for safety reasons I think I should replace them .Thank you .:)

new lights on e.bay, item number 300951594551

I would recommend getting hold of a 3M restoration kit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3M-Headlight-Lens-Restoration-Kit-/350871828784?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item51b1973930

We recently used one of these on set of my friends really cloudy headlights, brings them up like new :thumbsup:

This will be my next choice if the toothpaste doesn't work .Thanks ! :)