Ladybower Reservoir

A few shots from this afternoon at Ladybower, feedback welcomed!

Andy

11936005844_6b1cb1c921.jpg

11935893763_3637fc3637.jpg

11935663255_21552da94a.jpg

The first two i don't like at all. As for the third one it looks over enhanced/manipulated. I'm no photographer btw, though i do take quite a few snaps, but i'd label this art rather than photography.

As a piece of art i really like the third one. It's pretty cool.

I really like all 3.

1 - Odd composition, but I like it. A very atmospheric picture.

2 - Same again, very atmospheric. B&W creates that (in my opinion). Lovely shot.

3 - Lovely colors, but prefer the b&w.

The first two i don't like at all. As for the third one it looks over enhanced/manipulated. I'm no photographer btw, though i do take quite a few snaps, but i'd label this art rather than photography.

As a piece of art i really like the third one. It's pretty cool.

Photography is art! :D

1/ I like the sky, but the overall composition doesn't work for me. Too many really dark areas and the wall in the foreground leads the eye out of the picture.

2/ I like the mono treatment on this one - A LOT.

3/ Doesn't work for me. Looks overprocessed. The sky and the water colours don't go together.

Just my 2pennerth.

I heard Grayson Perry answer the question " How can you tell if a photograph is art ?"

His answer "Is it bigger than A4,if so it may be"

Secondly "Is anyone smiling,if so then it can not be":hihi:

I like them,ive viewed most of your other pics too, impressive.i am a fan of b&w pics.

1/ Love the sky, composition doesn't work for me - I think this would work better if there was a bit more separation between the top of the wall and the water so if you moved the camera up and to the right you would bring the tower into the left third of the shot (might need to shoot this a bit wider to fit everything in..) rather than just peeking over the wall.

2/ Nice shot given the dull and flat lighting conditions. Did you manage to get down on the concrete pier again?

3/ Probably my favourite, nice use of the 80's tobacco filter! this composition in balanced better than photo 2.. I'd have taken one like this in portrait orientation with the plants in the water right in the foreground.

Thanks all for the feedback :-)

With the first one, my tripod was fully extend so couldn't get the height I wanted and once I looked at it back home I couldn't save the dark areas on the left so tried to make the best of it I could.

With the third picture it's not meant to look realistic, as stated above I was playing around using a filter to get that effect and wanted to see the comparison against the more natural blue's of the water.

I mainly stick to B&W with my pictures but thought I'd try something a bit surreal for a change :-)

It's all down to personal preference though!

not keen on the different colours on the sky and water. sorry.

I'd definitely be trying to keep the horizon well away from my horizontal centre zone, and look for more interesting vanishing points. The overall tone on the first two is nice though.