Difficulty in finding a plumber to do a small job

Why is it so hard to find a plumber to do a small job, they all seem to be chasing the large boiler replacement jobs!! I need a small plumbing job which involves coring a small 2 inch hole through an internal stone wall and running a hot and cold feed between the two rooms to feed a bath. No one seems to be interested what should I do???

I thought you used Jonathan the other day, you left him a decent review.

Had work done by Jonathan and worked indirectly with MET, both get good feedback and I haven't had a problem with either.

It might be a case of just waiting until someone decent becomes available

HBirtles85 has always been good for small jobs and highly recommended. Like many other good trades they do tend to be popular.

I've used Stuart from Swan Plumbing and Heating services twice now, both times for small jobs (once a leak, another time fixing a bath overflow pipe). he is a really nice bloke, doesn't charge for a call out charge and so comes at a very reasonable price. He's come when he said he would and done a good job both times. Give him a ring on 07757028912.

Plumbers do get really busy in the winter so you do have to be patient.

Maybe times a changing. There used to be loads and loads plumbers on here. Chasing jobs and undercutting prices. Regulars like myself moved into contract/ commercial or stopped quoting on the forum. Find one of the regulars and send a pm. U may have to wait but the job will be first class

I don't mind waiting but if someone says Thursday I expect them to attend then if they reschedule to a Saturday and then don't even bother to ring and say they are not coming it's poor.

tbh it's not even the size of the job where this happens,mine were major plumbing adaptions and replacements and they didn't bother turning up.

I've used Stuart from Swan Plumbing and Heating services twice now, both times for small jobs (once a leak, another time fixing a bath overflow pipe). he is a really nice bloke, doesn't charge for a call out charge and so comes at a very reasonable price. He's come when he said he would and done a good job both times. Give him a ring on 07757028912.

hi stuart is a cracking plumber ta jeff also micky at met gas and jb

Cheers jeff i would be happy to take a look for you not a problem cheers Jon at

JB Heating Services.

I've been in contact with Stuart hopefully he will view and price the job tomorrow, if I'm lucky he might even do the job tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your help.

Coring a hole can sometimes be a job in itself ! have a core drill and various drills so happy to help !