Suspicious Kier workman in Chapeltown today

Has anyone had any house calls today from a supposed Kier workman? He came to my house this morning claiming to be a plumber, but i haven't reported any repairs lately and didn't let him in. He had a Kier van - but the more I thought about it as the day has gone on I'm wondering whether it was a scam to try and get entry into the house.

I'm going to ring Kier first thing tomorrow to ask them if they had sent anyone - and if not report the matter; but i'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else recently?

Did you ask to see his id? Did you take down his registration? Get many details? Wouldnt surprise me if it was a mistake as they often dont know where they are being sent. No harm in reporting it but it would help if you had some details they could use.

what was the reason he came to your house ? did he have any identification ?

Very suspicious, I wonder if its connected with the man I saw going from house to house the other day, he appeared to be suspiciously putting paper objects through peoples letterboxes, he never came to my house though :rolleyes:

Very suspicious, I wonder if its connected with the man I saw going from house to house the other day, he appeared to be suspiciously putting paper objects through peoples letterboxes, he never came to my house though :rolleyes:

Probably junk mail advertising Chicken Kier

:hihi::hihi:

Nice one :)

Kier vans have trackers in them so if you phone them and tell them the time etc and a brief description of the man they can confirm if they were genuine

sadly not - i didn't even think to be honest i was astounded to see a so-called workman on a sunday. i have phoned kier today though they definitely didn't send anyone round. and it wasn't a case of mistaken address because he recited my address to me.

just a word of caution for everyone else - be vigilant and tell your grannies and neighbours to be vigilant too x