Asbestos in artex

good idea,more than likely be safe but best be sure.good look

i would try phoning kier i know they do remove this from council housing so they might have a number of the company they use worth a try

if it had been built after 2000 would not have containted asbestos.if the area is not damaged and sealed it will be fine,try looking on the ukata web web site

That statement is not correct. We have all just completed our asbestos awareness course. it should not but could still so precaution should still be taken.

To the OP best thing to do is get a sample taken. All the asbestos firms are highly regulated and all in my experience seem to charge around the same price!

Try ringing Mick Murphy from Lancall Yorkshire on Ecclesall Road. He will be able to sample it and check if it contains any asbestos materials. http://www.lancallyorkshire.co.uk/

Hi

We are in the process of buying a house, and the valuer has said it may contain asbestos in artex.

What's the likely hood of this?

Is it a regular thing founD?

Can anyone recommend someone to come and check to see if it does!?

Thanks

Edited by S10 Landlord

hi its gareth of PDS suzan is right they stopped using it in year 2000 you can get it testerd properly it cost around £500 iam a plasterer if you need a quote now or later you can ring me on 07532055919 or e-mail me on [email protected] cheers {what ever you do don't try and scrape it off}

Last time i used him, it cost £130 and that included 3 samples taken and a full report with lab results, picture, type of material and risk category.

hi its gareth of PDS suzan is right they stopped using it in year 2000 you can get it testerd properly it cost around £500 iam a plasterer if you need a quote now or later you can ring me on 07532055919 or e-mail me on [email protected] cheers {what ever you do don't try and scrape it off}

I wonder how many houses with artex has just been re skimmed?

All forms of asbestos were banned in 1999, but as a safety measure, the hse say that testing should be carried out in building built up to 2004. I have come across asbestos materials in buildings built after 2000 and this was down to builders continuing to use left over materials after the ban and customer not being aware.

Sorry if I was not clear I am not quoting for the testing and it can cost into £500

Depending on were you go UN quote thanks

i have text a guy who use to be a professional artexer, he might know when they stopped using it down to the year.

usually its not a problem if its not disturbed.

ill let you know when i hear from him

Texture coatings, cement panels, gaskets, tiles were the last items to be banned in 1999. All high risk items such as insulation, high fibrous items were banned in the 80's..[ B][/b]

i have text a guy who use to be a professional artexer, he might know when they stopped using it down to the year.

usually its not a problem if its not disturbed.

ill let you know when i hear from him

Although only oficially banned in the eu in 1999, asbestos free artex was manufactured in the UK from 1976 and asbestos stopped being used in the UK for textured coatings in 1984.