Y.m.ca in the late sixties

Hello there,

does anyone remeber the y.m.c.a. On broomhall road in the late

sixties?

Pradip

Very much! It was about the first place in Sheffield to have a proper sports hall. I virtually lived there during the weekday evenings. There was football training, Trevor Hockey led that but just for one session, circuit training led by Richard Hnat, always remember that surname, a good free weights room and a karate club.

I was at the opening ceremony of the 'new@ ymca on Broomhall Road, but it was never as good for me as the old ym on Fargate in the mid to late 60's. We had a great social group, made very good friends and always somewhere to go in any evening. Recalling names Pete Courtney, Pete Hollis, Pam Stacey, Pam & Beryl Gent, Howard Roney, Sylvia Hirst, Dave Bower, Chris Jones and John McKillop to name but a (very) few.

wonderful to hear from you. I used to live there during 1969-1970 and used to play badminton, cricket and a lot of snooker. I still cherish memories of the marvellous time I had during my stay at the Y.M.C.A.

PRADIP

I've just been reading the comments on the YMCA in Sheffield. Mapman mentioned my name. I not longer live in Sheffield but have some great memories of my time at the YMCA. Any guesses who I am? I believe my nickname wa "teacake".

Hi Rightmonkey, There were 2 "P's" in our group. You are one and my sister was the other. If I have got you right, you have a younger sister and an even younger brother and lived near the NGH. Who then am I? Pm me.

Well Mapman, I must have given the wrong nickname (it was the 60's after all).....I'm the younger sister of P and have a younger brother...I'm trying to remember who you are! Help

Then you are B. I recall Pam being teacake, but heigh Ho,. My sis was also Pam, does that give you a clue?

I've been trying to remember anyone with a sister named Pam (apart from me) and it would appear I have a mental block. Oh, wait a minute - I remember the two of you. Still can't get your first name.

I've sent you a private message, C

Got it, but I need 5 messages before I can a private one back. Bugger!

---------- Post added 06-12-2017 at 23:59 ----------

C. Look forward to it. B

---------- Post added 09-12-2017 at 00:35 ----------

Apparently I need to have made 5 posts to the form because pm still doesn't work.

---------- Post added 09-12-2017 at 00:37 ----------

Here's number 5

Hi Righrmonkey, did you go to the reunion in 1977? I can't remember where it was held,but most of the old crowd were there.