OAP pass, getting out and about/potential cuts

WHO disturbs me in my belltower at his ungodly hour??? Would you like a cuppa ;)

can I have a tea, please, milky, no sugar, thanks luv! :thumbsup:;) XX

It is not only the blind. I am disabled but my disability does not show on any official database of disabilities used by the government for employment or other financial purposes.

The court calls it insanity, while this is proven to be wrong they go on using that word.

I look very healthy and happy in day to day life, but when mentioning I can't do certain things because I am disabled, people don't understand the dangers and look at me as if I am an idiot.

England has little space for its disabled in its society. Other day saw a leaflet about an organization helping disabled go back to work with a photo of a man (smiling) with a mop in his hand standing next to a bucket.

disabled and pensioners will have to pay full train fares after april 1st

Disabled should really. Most of them get extra money to help with travel so really they should pay full.

Pensioners though, well thats a bit harsh. They have paid their dues and deserve some help later on in life.

Disabled should really. Most of them get extra money to help with travel so really they should pay full.

Pensioners though, well thats a bit harsh. They have paid their dues and deserve some help later on in life.

Us "disabled" people don't get extra money to help with travel thanks. It is a separate benefit to apply for that not everyone who has a bus pass is entitled to.

Disabled PEOPLe need this more than pensioners as we need to access employment and education before 9:30 as well as use the trains to get around. There is no choice for us but public transport, as that is the ethos of the concession (recognition we can't access other forms of transport in the main)

for older people they often use it for more leisure based activities and this is definitely more of a perk than something essential. there are already 2 threads on this topic though..

Why the use of the "" on either end of the word disabled?

disabled and pensioners will have to pay full train fares after april 1st

That is not as i understand it, all that i understand that will change is the times that you can use the passes, where did you get your information any links?

That is what you think? Personally I am not too bothered with the trains but there will be many out there stuck because they don't have the money and the alternative bus options are horrible and/or non existent.

Lee. You are not qualified and have no personal experience on what it is like to be disabled. Are you disabled? have you been disabled? Do you really know from the inside of disability what you are talking about?

Show me the hard-core evidence to back up your childish comments or else go to the pub and get drunk and chat with other drunks.