Project Sheffield Photo Blog

Hello all.

I have recently started a photo blog in order to learn more about my adopted home of Sheffield. I'm currently trying to gather up ideas for places in Sheffield to visit and shoot that aren't the obvious places to go. I'd be interested to know any local stories or even areas that are special to you. For info on my blog I've posted a link to it. Any help would be great :)

http://projectsheffield.blogspot.co.uk/

I like the pictures and the direction the blog appears to be going, some nice composition.

You might want to have a walk down Club Mill Rd at Neepsend, down along the river Don, I think there might still be a few interesting views, river, works, etc, it was better when the cooling towers were still there years ago. Right up the other end at the Liversey st end there's an old cemetery and woodland, I used to play round all this area as a kid and have done a few photographic walks in the area, and up by the railway lines with my son. Just a thought.

Thanks for suggestions. I'm compiling a list of places to go so all these hints are great. Hopefully a combination of being off work and good weather will come around soon.

Try photographing Castle Market, - you might not like the subject but I bet their are some interesting pics to be had.

Maybe try getting to grips with all the modernist buildings around the city, - they're mostly unloved and very badly treated but with some study you might see some of the intention behind their creation. Sheffield between the 50's and 80's.

Edited by Fogey

Have you been to norfolk park recently? I'm sure it was you who I saw when I went for a jog, or it's just that your profile picture reminds me of that person.