1921 Census - early release

The 1921 census will not be released until 2022 and there is an e petition running at the moment which, if 100000 signatures are collected, could result in Parliament discussing the issue. Although the law states that this census is covered by the 100 year embargo, there is little reason in practice why the census could not be released early, not least because so much information is in the public domain now. If you are as interested in family research as I am, please click on the link below and add your name to the e petition. Thank you.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/49199

Signed..

Fingers crossed it gets published early..

Signed and shared on Facebook. Hopefully it will be published early.

Thank you for the responses so far. Please forward the link to as many people as you can. I have also emailed my MP. When I looked at the e petition earlier there were 23 signatures. There are now 39! So people are signing which is great

Have you posted this on the Sheffield Indexers, Sheffield Records on Line and Sheffield and District Family History sites as their members will be interested.

Yes, Sheffield Indexers have it on their site and if you can think or are involved in any other sites please feel free to post

Many thanks

Also signed. I didn't think I would be around by the time they release the 1921. It would be brilliant if they could be persuaded, as they did with the 1911, I think?

signed, my father was born in this year but he died when I was a baby looking for info on my relations.

Also signed. I didn't think I would be around by the time they release the 1921. It would be brilliant if they could be persuaded, as they did with the 1911, I think?

I have also signed for the same reason, my Mum was born in 1921.

Thanks Addy for drawing our attention to this. I do hope as many people as possible who use the Sheffield Forum sign up as it is a really worthwhile thing to do.

So much of our social History is tied up by government red tape and inertia.

Happy Days! Popt