2014 The Year Of Hard Truths

MPs aren't just given the job, and it isn't a job for life. If under 25s want property, they should have to work for it, not just expect it to be given to them for by right.

What work would you suggest for homeless people?

It's pretty hard to close them all, you see the big companies can afford to pay more than the governement so they have the better legal eagles and the better accountants.

Tax the tax avoidance products at 100%.

One group of people that seem to evade much scrutiny are the many 'Chief Executives' of public bodies like Colleges of Further and Higher Education, Hospitals, and Local Authorities and Hosuing Trusts that are paid an absolute fortune. Many earn more than the Prime Minister.

The Chief Exec of the place I work at gets over £160,000 per year, plus expenses.

I'm not advocating poverty pay for them, but if we are all in this together then surely the either the Chancellor or The PM should look at proposals that would stop this piggish behaviour.

25 billion more of cuts on the way wow i cant believe labour got us into all this mess

Labour didn't.

The bankers crashed the economy.

The debt is still growing.This government is spending almost as much as before in spite of the cuts.

The more cuts the better in my book. People need to learn to take responsibility for themselves.

With an entire generation of young people and immigrants denied basic property rights, the right to grow food, build a house and work for themselves in a freemarket or a regulated labour market it won't pan out how you think.

Own property?

Your property rights no longer matter, they are invalid and some guy with a machete is ready to take your ****. And to be fair, he has natural law on his side, he is justified in his actions.

Ostendo primo conditionem hominum extra societatem civilem (quam conditionem appellare liceat statum naturae) aliam non esse quam bellum omnium contra omnes; atque in eo bello jus esse omnibus in omnia.

Labour didn't.

The debt is still growing.This government is spending almost as much as before in spite of the cuts.

They are spending to pay debt interest, maintain house prices and support pensioners. The latter two items are what are expected to deliver votes.

They still need £100bn a year. As debt interest balloons along with the costs of supporting the housing market and pensions then everything else gets a smaller slice of the pie.

It's terrible to watch and horrendously destructive but if it brings in the votes.

They are spending to pay debt interest, maintain house prices and support pensioners. The latter two items are what are expected to deliver votes.

They still need £100bn a year. As debt interest balloons along with the costs of supporting the housing market and pensions then everything else gets a smaller slice of the pie.

It's terrible to watch and horrendously destructive but if it brings in the votes.

The debt can never be paid off and they know it. It's all posturing.

I wonder how many of the moaners in here, same ones as always, have ever tried to fix a balance sheet?

I wonder how many of the moaners in here, same ones as always, have ever tried to fix a balance sheet?

Doing it right now, pal, at 1:30am in the morning. Investing time & money into things that will make me richer. Bet George is sound asleep.

Edited by anywebsite

In case anyone was wondering there is NOT THE SLIGHTEST CHANCE that the UK will address its deficit problem, let alone its debt.

We can't live within our means, we need massive borrowing (credit) just to keep our rickety economy from going into a coma.

What will happen in the end?

See my sig

|

|

V

In case anyone was wondering there is NOT THE SLIGHTEST CHANCE that the UK will address its deficit problem, let alone its debt.

We can't live within our means, we need massive borrowing (credit) just to keep our rickety economy from going into a coma.

What will happen in the end?

See my sig

|

|

V

That I get. I also got it when I clicked a banner ad on here for money week or some such publication promising to save my financial soul - providing I a) subscribe with them and b) have some large chunks of disposable cash knocking about. The world is ending. The sky is falling. What can I do? Who to vote for? From what I gather I need to ask osbourne not to cut £25bn but double or three times that. Or squirrel away my disposable money (that I haven't got) somewhere overseas which is surely part of the problem. Short of burying tinned goods at strategic locations there's precious little the man in the street can do.

Labour didn't.

Labour presided over then entire fiasco, there was well over a decade of Labour rule, plenty of chances to reel in the industry and stop the risk taking behaviour before it ruined the country.

They did nothing, and when it all fell apart they stood around like a bunch of complete muppets.

Can you remember Labours last election pledge??

"We'll spend our way out of this problem"

Thats how far out of touch they were.