2014 The Year Of Hard Truths

Wages on average only rise by 2% per year if anything so how can people expect pay 10% more on services.

Where do they expect the money to come from?

If by "they" you mean this government then they don't expect it to come from anywhere.

The whole idea is to get people into debt via a mortgage or credit so that they then become subservient to their employers and government.

The whole policy of getting people to but their own homes means they would be in debt for most of their life. Another policy was not to build new social housing to encourage house prices to rise, thus making buying a home expensive. A large mortgage also means people are more likely to have other credit, making the problem worse.

When people have a mortgage and are also in debt they are less likely to change jobs, question their employers and will accept lower wages and conditions. If they don't then they could be out of a job and the home they live in at risk. People in social housing don't suffer the same problem, they have protection so that they will have a home even if they don't have a job.

The government are encouraging first time buyers to get a "help to buy" mortgage funded by the taxpayer and also funded from benefit savings. Those benefit savings, we were told, were to cut the budget costs and lessen the burden on the taxpayer. Instead the savings have been shifted to first time buyers in order to further increase house prices and peoples debt, so its good new for the banks!

How are the tories fixing labours mess by targeting the poor and disabled whilst at the same time allowing billions of £s to go unpaid in tax by huge companies and their cronies?

We are all suffering a little, not just the poor and disabled. The upper working classes in particular or anyone who's actually worked all their life then lost their job to be offered about £6 a week etc etc....

It's a no brainer that slightly higher taxes on the rich would be a fair way of increasing revenue but if you but in higher tax brackets then the company moves offshore. All big business and rich folk move offshore to avoid taxes (or bend the rules ala Amazon) then we get even less revenue and the poor people get no benefits at all and are left to starve. Yes, the rich are holding us to ransom in that regard but keep their taxes relatively low and we get more investment. Another common sense fact if you think about it.

MrNM - proud to promote common sense!

Show some respect, mate. Just because other posters don't agree with your fanciful theories it doesn't make their opinions drivel. For me Mr NM is right on the mark.

You've argued that the entire national debt was created by the last Labour government. That's drivel.

Done! So if we are 1.25Tr in debt, and about half of it is due to the banks and old debt that leaves about 600Bn unaccounted for. Who's fault is that?

No, you need to read that again, 400 billion is due to the banking crisis, the rest is old debt.

---------- Post added 08-01-2014 at 17:30 ----------

Show some respect, mate. Just because other posters don't agree with your fanciful theories it doesn't make their opinions drivel. For me Mr NM is right on the mark.

Weird, I don't think calling drivel drivel is a lack of respect.

Now, without respect, can you go and check the facts instead of spouting an uninformed opinion on an issue you clearly have no understanding off.

Edited by tzijlstra

No, you need to read that again, 400 billion is due to the banking crisis, the rest is old debt.

---------- Post added 08-01-2014 at 17:30 ----------

Weird, I don't think calling drivel drivel is a lack of respect.

Now, without respect, can you go and check the facts instead of spouting an uninformed opinion on an issue you clearly have no understanding off.

In the context of your post. 153.6Bn was old debt, to 2009. Your next check point is now where 400Bn of bankers debt and another 600Bn of debt makes an apperance for the first time so old debt how? This exposes a drivel element to your post and without sources your figures are meaningless erm drivel..... With respect!

We are all suffering a little, not just the poor and disabled. The upper working classes in particular or anyone who's actually worked all their life then lost their job to be offered about £6 a week etc etc....

It's a no brainer that slightly higher taxes on the rich would be a fair way of increasing revenue but if you but in higher tax brackets then the company moves offshore. All big business and rich folk move offshore to avoid taxes (or bend the rules ala Amazon) then we get even less revenue and the poor people get no benefits at all and are left to starve. Yes, the rich are holding us to ransom in that regard but keep their taxes relatively low and we get more investment. Another common sense fact if you think about it.

MrNM - proud to promote common sense!

I'm not so sure about that but you're decent comedy value MrNM. Can we have some more stories about you and your millionaire chums please?

I'm not so sure about that but you're decent comedy value MrNM. Can we have some more stories about you and your millionaire chums please?

What goes on in the gentlemans club stays in the gentlemans club young man!

No doubt you'd be moaning when the only people left in Parliament to represent us are the rich Etonian types.

there are alternatives

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sortition

as one example I'd prefer.

What goes on in the gentlemans club stays in the gentlemans club young man!

Don't try to flatter me, I know what you lot get up to in those gentlemans clubs. When you start letting ladies in give me an invite.

Do you prefer the method we have?

Whereby the members of very few social circles/ clubs/ families preside over us all, then often go on to work for the very corporations that help keep the majority of us in what essentially is servitude?

Do you prefer the method we have?

Whereby the members of very few social circles/ clubs/ families preside over us all, then often go on to work for the very corporations that help keep the majority of us in what essentially is servitude?

Anyone can become an MP and make a difference. No matter how looney.

http://www.loonyparty.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/2013_2702_South_Shields_2_May.jpg

Edited by Clown Shoes