Wood lane.. Side of car people on parkway

Does anyone know why this is a bus gate? Every day I have to drive around 3 mile down to the bottom of catcliffe to get to my house when if I could use wood lane it would take me a minute to get home! Anyone know why it's actually a bus gate? It's not as if it's a busy place and it ideally connects brinsworth and catcliffe. Is there any way I could go about asking for this to be considered a through road for all traffic? And how to go about it?

i know which you mean , and i think the same in 3 years im yet to see a bus go through it , it should be opened up and used as a road , but thats the sheffield planners for you ant got a clue

It just annoys me every day, I come off the parkway and even though I can see my house I have to do another 2-3 mile through catcliffe to get home! I'd like to put this in writing to someone but don't know where to even start?

typical anti car council. email them and ask them why, it is a waste as you say.

Would you say it's rotherham council or sheffield council?

It just annoys me every day, I come off the parkway and even though I can see my house I have to do another 2-3 mile through catcliffe to get home! I'd like to put this in writing to someone but don't know where to even start?

Write to your councillor. Ask them to meet with you to see the problem first hand.

It might be that the bus gate isn't needed. Your councillor should be able to help you to find out if that is the case.

Tell them that if they open it up it will reduce the carbon emissions of your whole street.

I saw a bus use it many years ago. I drive past this daily from work and often wondered why it's a bus gate and how many people would use it if it was open

I was going to suggest talking to your local Councillor but then realised you are Rotherham.

I wonder if the reason the road hasn't been opened is because it is the Sheffield / Rotherham border - maybe some kind of ownership / maintenance issue

In case it is the above reason / linked to it you could still contact your local Councillor

Another possible reason - perhaps the road is there just to give the Police a quick access route from the base to Rotherham

You can't get through it as there is the bollards that raise from the ground so doubt the police will use it!

---------- Post added 05-01-2014 at 23:19 ----------

http://moderngov.rotherham.gov.uk/mgConvert2PDF.aspx?ID=30756

This was enforced in 2009 and to be honest if they've spent the money I doubt they will change it!

I worked opposite this when they opened the road up. It used to be just a little lane that didn't go right to the bottom. Then they spent weeks, and loads of hassle opening it up and turning it into a proper road. They then immediately made it buses only, though I've never seen one use it and several months later blocked it off. Its been like it ever since.

Its crazy, the roadworks were there ages when they did it and all for nothing, its the most pointless road ever.

Tried emailing my councillor and low and behold the email won't send! Just comes up with a delivery notification failure everytime! God they make it hard work