Depression, can't cope

I've suffered with depression since I was a child due to horrid things happening to me. Now I'm older with kids and it keeps returning, it feels like a punishment. Living a life like this is like torture I need to escape from. I have a loving husband but no matter how many people you have you feel alone. I'm considering just leaving as I make everyone unhappy. Does anyone else suffer like this? I'm on tablets but honestly I cannot keep living life like this

your husband and your kids need you , please see your gp , before taking any drastic action

See your gp for meds and counselling. Quickly.

I'm under the GP, I have a mental health worker who went in long term sick over 4 months ago and left me with no support what so ever. The crisis team have been called on 2 occasions and they never even bothered to call back. What's the point in asking and reaching out for help when there is none????? My husband my kids would be much much happier if they didn't have to put up with me like this, my illness can't be having a good effect in my lovely children

---------- Post added 05-01-2014 at 19:24 ----------

It doesn't work that way, I'm on meds and as for the counselling I've asked only to be told because of funding it's not available at this time. I had help for 2 wks when I was in a psychiatric hospital and after that nothing. I'm asking for help and not getting it.

I too have suffered for many years with Depression - eventually diagnosed as Bi polar. I waited weeks for talking therapy but found it really helpful. Have a look here: http://www.sheffieldiapt.shsc.nhs.uk

I hope you find the coping mechanisms that work for you - just remember that there is always some one willing to listen. Ambz x

I'm under the GP, I have a mental health worker who went in long term sick over 4 months ago and left me with no support what so ever. The crisis team have been called on 2 occasions and they never even bothered to call back. What's the point in asking and reaching out for help when there is none????? My husband my kids would be much much happier if they didn't have to put up with me like this, my illness can't be having a good effect in my lovely children

---------- Post added 05-01-2014 at 19:24 ----------

It doesn't work that way, I'm on meds and as for the counselling I've asked only to be told because of funding it's not available at this time. I had help for 2 wks when I was in a psychiatric hospital and after that nothing. I'm asking for help and not getting it.

I am certain that is not the case,wish I could help but there are people on this forum who know much more about this than I do,and I am sure they will be along to offer you some good advice.I wish you all the best,

I too have suffered for many years with Depression - eventually diagnosed as Bi polar. I waited weeks for talking therapy but found it really helpful. Have a look here: http://www.sheffieldiapt.shsc.nhs.uk

I hope you find the coping mechanisms that work for you - just remember that there is always some one willing to listen. Ambz x

The problem is I live in rotherham, support systems are different here than when I lived in sheffield. Honestly I've really had enough. This isn't a life, I'm not living I'm just existing in this horrible and miserable world. What kind of life is this?

First of all it takes a person with balls to come onto a forum and admit their problem. That is strength. I'm sure your hubby and kids would not be happy without you.

Hi

I have suffered from a combination of depression and anxiety for years too and I know how you feel. I do think you should go back to your doctors immediately and explain EXACTLY how you are feeling and what the consequences would be of them not getting you some additional help.

Also, could you afford to have some treatment privately? I'm thinking along the lines of hypnotherapy which can be really helpful (talking from experience).

Sarah

What about MIND in Rotherham?

Maybe give the Samaritans a call? And also make sure you see your GP asap.

First of all there are people much worse off than you so no matter how rubbish you feel your situation is it could be worse! Worse especially on your family if you took your life. Harsh i know. You have kids who love you and some people out there don't have anyone!!!!! You can demand to be treat better by your gp and can increase/change medication. Life is full of ups and downs BUT don't create a horrible down and a horrible gap in your children's life by ending it. FIGHT. Easier said than done. Ive suffered depression too. You are lucky and need to focus on that and push for help! Go above your go to the practice manager.

---------- Post added 05-01-2014 at 19:42 ----------

Maybe give the Samaritans a call? And also make sure you see your GP asap.

I found samaritans useless!