The Best Italian Restaurant in Sheffield?

We love La Luna at Bannercross. Its BYO, has a great atmosphere and the food is always good.

Yes, it's good this place, I like it too.

It's only small, but very traditional, home-made Italian feel to it. More like being in someone's home than in a restaurant. Plus you can bring your own wife, err, sorry, I mean, wine. :blush:

Food wise, I think it was nice. Not absolutely top notch in the same vain as Calabria in Chesterfield, a differnt thing altogether. But really nice, simple home-cooked type cuisine. Good shout.

Antibo is average for the prices.

Vito's in Walkley or La Luna at Banner Cross are both stand-out restaurants.

Both have fantastic food at reasonable prices and are far, far better than the likes of Zizzi, Strada and all the chain rubbish in town.

The staff are friendly and La Luna is also BYO, which is a real bonus when counting the pennies.

I have had a few decent meals at Antibo's, just keep a look out as they almost always have voucher deals running

The good... BB's on Division Street (best welcome in town - ask for the Full Monty garlic bread, which is not on the menu), Piccolo's on Convent Walk, off West Street (amazing steak and spaghetti bolognaise) and Kito's in Woodseats (little bit crowded and out of the way, but their seafood platter for two is just excellent - order in advance) - Marco @ Milano is just excellent but in a different league from the others I list.

The bad... Mama's and Leoni's down by the Crucible (not sure there's anything Italian here; awful starters and served a friend a cold cup of coffee), Piccolino's in St. Paul's area (cold surroundings, slow service and expensive), Antibo's (had something in a very, very weird sauce here once, got forced back another time and felt like I was on a conveyor belt).

I did quite like Popolo in Leopold Square, great spaghetti bolognaise and amazing chilli garlic bread, just to prove I've not got something against a certain style of restaurant.

Cheers, Hippo

Anywhere in Sheffield, good food essential:)

Definately Kito's on Woodseats, we've always had wonderful food there and the potion sizes are BIG and the prices reasonable

Has anyone been to the Italian at the Centertainment? or any other they they would recommend?

I'll second Vito's on South Road.

I'll third Vitos. Amazing, traditional Italian food. I recommend the zuppa di pescatore. Wow.