The Best Italian Restaurant in Sheffield?

I haven't been for a while, but Sette Colli in Hillsborough was always good.

PS: What happened to San Remo's on Division Street?

It might be good for 'coeliacs' but over rated and awful otherwise....maybe I should become a 'coeliac'...whatever that is! ;)

Maybe not.Its an alergy to wheat/gluton.If you carry on eating Gluton etc it can lead to bowel cancer,later in life.

Third visit to a very busy Gusto last night. Excellent food and excellent service

It sounds a bit arrogant,perhaps unintentionally, to suggest if you're asking the question you don't know anything about decent Italian food. I have been to quite a few Italian restaurants in sheffield, including the much mentioned Marcos. I think small authentic places are the best but I don't agree with the foodie snobbery around chains like prezzo etc. There's an occasion for any kind of eatery.

Due to circumstances, I have hardly eaten an italian meal out in sheffield in the last couple of years. Is it that much to ask for a current recommendation for a good restaurant?:)

Also someone could be new to Sheffield,again a legitimate question especially as chains are the same,you know what to expect, small intimate and quality places take some finding!

that's fair comment actually and I agree with you that there are occasions for any kind of eatery. My kids wanted to go to Frankie & Benny's the other day for a birthday party. Not my idea of an Italian restaurant at all, but they couldn't have enjoyed it more if I'd taken them to La Gavroche in London (in fact they'd have hated it!).

There's dozens of "Italian" restaurants, including the chain ones, serving up ok fare. You have to judge a place, I think, by the category it falls into. Marco's is a top end restaurant - you wouldn't go there expecting the same kind of thing as in Zizzi or Strada.

I'm pleased that Gooooogle enjoyed Calabria in Chesterfield. I don't know of anything comparable in Sheffield but that doesn't mean there aren't good places in Sheffield as well. (Gusto would be my favourite in Sheffield - and Marco's of course).

Continuing the Chesterfield theme i have heard good things about Nonsolovino and looking forward to trying it

Continuing the Chesterfield theme i have heard good things about Nonsolovino and looking forward to trying it

Not eaten there, but I like my wine and Nonsolovino is the only place of its kind that I've come across here that has card operated wine samplling.

I first came across it whilst in the US and I think it's a great idea. You buy a credit card on entry and charge it up with whatever amount you want, then you can go and help yourself to whatever wine you want in whatever sort of quantity. It's a great way to try wines that may otherwise never get to try.

Not eaten there, but I like my wine and Nonsolovino is the only place of its kind that I've come across here that has card operated wine samplling.

I first came across it whilst in the US and I think it's a great idea. You buy a credit card on entry and charge it up with whatever amount you want, then you can go and help yourself to whatever wine you want in whatever sort of quantity. It's a great way to try wines that may otherwise never get to try.

I have been in one on the Fulham Road called The Fulham Wine rooms first time I went in I noticed they had got Sassicaia thought next time I am in here I will have some. Went back this January after Charlton game really looking forward to it but they had changed the wines and Sassicaia was no longer on

We had a lovely meal at Vitos on South Road, Walkley, last night. I was treated to a wonderful fillet of Turbot from the specials board.

It's not the cheapest place but the atmosphere and staff are nice and there is much more interesting stuff on the menu than most places.

Kitos on Woodseats is really good especially the £20 deal but have to agree with many people on here Marco is the Dogs!

Just been to Kitos tonight. Had the £20 deal. Great value for money. Going again on easter monday.:)

Strada at leopald square is my favourite in sheffield but zinis at bawtry is absolutely beautiful.

Little Italy at Dronfield...always been my favourite

Little Italy is shocking used to be alright but it's got greedy and total rip off now .. Was charged 10 pound for plain pasta for my young son. They said had to put it through till as one with sauce of the menu . avoid !!!!