The Best Italian Restaurant in Sheffield?

Mamas & Leonies in town near the Winter Garden. I can't believe there's only one recommendation on this thread already. Menu here: http://www.mamas.co.uk.

Another vote for Vitos.

It's more authentic than the usual places. Mamas and Leonies is OK and reasonably priced but nothing special, nothing you couldn't get at a 1000 other Italian restaurants.

Da Claudio in Scarborough is excellent.

Cerones at Ecclesfield and as mentioned by others Vitos

Prezzo in the centertainment. We always go there, the food is very nice and priced responsible (if you dont want to pay full price they always have great offers on Voucher Code websites) :) Prezzo is one of the best i have been too

Mamas & Leonies in town near the Winter Garden. I can't believe there's only one recommendation on this thread already. Menu here: http://www.mamas.co.uk.

I can ...........it s greasy over priced average food which could never in a million years be described as authentic Italian - would love the "Restaurant Inspector" to go there - they would half the menu for a start.

It should be a gold mine with the position it has.

Edited by pottedplant

Marinello's on Eccy Rd

Good choice ............and Dolce Vita at Crosspool is authentic too - am also a fan of Vitos.

i went to picolos's for my first time with my sister on recommendation from others on here as a back up to plan to Bb's was so happy with it- delicious food great service - think you can bring your own wine not too sure on that but house red is yummmmmm , great atmosphere and reasonable price bottle red 2 starter 2 mains one being lamb shank other carbonara and one desert and one coffee came to £53 i think was a great eve id go again in a heart beat will have to try bbs out too they were closed on sunday and i do believe you can bring your own bottle of wine to here - hope you have a great night

I can ...........it s greasy over priced average food which could never in a million years be described as authentic Italian - would love the food inspector to go there they would half the menu for a start.

It should be a gold mine with the position it has.

Well I am surprised by your comment but looking forward to trying your other suggestions soon.

mama and leonies in sheffield centre near town hall and winter gardens. I wouldn't go to either italian restaurants at centertainment.

Went there recently and had doughy pizzas and dolmio style pasta sauce, wouldn`t recommend it

i went to picolos's for my first time with my sister on recommendation from others on here as a back up to plan to Bb's was so happy with it- delicious food great service - think you can bring your own wine not too sure on that but house red is yummmmmm , great atmosphere and reasonable price bottle red 2 starter 2 mains one being lamb shank other carbonara and one desert and one coffee came to £53 i think was a great eve id go again in a heart beat will have to try bbs out too they were closed on sunday and i do believe you can bring your own bottle of wine to here - hope you have a great night

thanks lil peacums, we went to Piccolos yet again for my birthday and had the most delicious food, served by real Italians, cooked by real Italians and in a warm and friendy atmosphere, its the only one I will go to now