The Best Italian Restaurant in Sheffield?

i went to one opposite side of the road to wetherspoons at hillsborough its on the corner cant remember what it is called though but it was gorg and food was cooked to perfection, they cooked me an ommelette in wite wine never tasted anything like it in my life

Buon Deli in Broomhill is excellent

Marco @ Milano for me. Also worth a visit Pappa Ciccio's, Vito's and Rossi's..... probably in that order.

We tried Vitos for the first time last Sat and was OK but wont be back as we felt that Marco@Milanos is still miles, miles better and , not actually that much more expensive.

We spent £ 72 between two of us in Vitos and OK would have maybe been another £ 10-£ 15 at Marcos but I know quality would have been vastly better...

We used to love Papaciccios at Crosspool when we first moved to S10 (back in 2001) but then the staff / ownership changed a few years later and whenever we have been in recent times (admittedly last visit must be a couple of years ago) we came out thoroughly disappointed.

Is it any good at the moment? Its very convenient for us plus take your own wine...

Picalloes on West st/Glossop road, the food is excellant. the ambiance is lovely and the staff are very friendly and helpful, attentive without being intrusive.

I love BB's on west street, it gets busy though so you need to book, it's a good price and the staff are great, it's not the poshest place but its very cute and cosy :)

La Terrazza is nice, as is Maranello's.:)

La Terrazza is awful. Went in on a busy Saturday and they didn't have half the menu available (including bog standard items, like cheese cake). You would have thought they’d order sufficient stock to cope with demand. My scallops were swimming in olive oil, as was the pasta on my partner’s tasteless tuna linguine. And if you go as a couple, be ready to made to feel 2nd best to the groups of people as you are constantly over-looked and ignored.

I normally like to help promote and recommend locally owned and managed businesses, but this time I can't. Avoid, there’s much better out there.

La Terrazza is awful. Went in on a busy Saturday and they didn't have half the menu available (including bog standard items, like cheese cake). You would have thought they’d order sufficient stock to cope with demand. My scallops were swimming in olive oil, as was the pasta on my partner’s tasteless tuna linguine. And if you go as a couple, be ready to made to feel 2nd best to the groups of people as you are constantly over-looked and ignored.

I normally like to help promote and recommend locally owned and managed businesses, but this time I can't. Avoid, there’s much better out there.

La Terrazza is our favorite Italian in Sheffield by far...

Freindly staff and great food. I really cant understand how anyone couldn't like this place - i recommend pleople to go and make up their own mind.

Found this From a While Back, Im due to go out for an italian tonight, could anyone recomend a good place? i no a few have been mentioned above but this was a few years back and things could have changed? ive heard La Terrazza on sharrow vale road is quite nice

Are you willing to travel 20 mins out of Sheff?

If so, Calabria in Chesterfield town centre is excellent.

I went to Maranello's (mentioned in this thread) a couple of weeks back with some pernickety eaters and have no complaints about the food or service whatsoever. I think it helped that it was mid-week and so not very busy as the tables are quite close together.

Found this From a While Back, Im due to go out for an italian tonight, could anyone recomend a good place? i no a few have been mentioned above but this was a few years back and things could have changed? ive heard La Terrazza on sharrow vale road is quite nice

Casanova in Crookes?

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=762467