A bad start to the day..

Is there an official time road works can begin of a morning? At 6:05 this morning some 'authority' turned up on Greenhill Ave, orange lights flashing and proceeded to use a pneumatic drill, compressor and (of course) extra loud shouting voices. Within an hour, they'd gone. I'm not convinced this was an emergency so, what the heck was going on on a Sunday morning, Sunday bonus pay justification?:rant::rant:

6am seems fine to me.

I'm always up at 6am it is the best time of the day. Just because you like to have an extravagant lie in does not mean that the rest of the world has to stop.

6am seems fine to me.

I'm always up at 6am it is the best time of the day. Just because you like to have an extravagant lie in does not mean that the rest of the world has to stop.

6am! You blinkin lazy so and so. Half the day's gone by then. I'm up before I go to bed.

6am! You blinkin lazy so and so. Half the day's gone by then. I'm up before I go to bed.

I think you mean either: Quarter, 1⁄4, 25% or 0.25. :hihi:

They must have had a late start today

I think you mean either: Quarter, 1⁄4, 25% or 0.25. :hihi:

Sorry, I meant 2/8.

Is there an official time road works can begin of a morning? At 6:05 this morning some 'authority' turned up on Greenhill Ave, orange lights flashing and proceeded to use a pneumatic drill, compressor and (of course) extra loud shouting voices. Within an hour, they'd gone. I'm not convinced this was an emergency so, what the heck was going on on a Sunday morning, Sunday bonus pay justification?:rant::rant:

Hope your day improves Fudgerunner, whatever time you usually get up isnt the point, hope you can ignore the negative responses:loopy:

I've got to say I wouldnt be happy being woke up at 6am by workmen outside my house, fair enough they have a job to do it still wouldnt hurt to be considerate of other people.

To the negative responses, good for you if you get up early some people dont like to, who are you to judge, my other half works 6 days a week & sundays are his only lie in, what if the OP is the same, you dont know the circumstances so keep your negativity to yourselves.

There are restrictions for noise.

Noisy work is permitted :

Monday - Friday 8am to 6pm

Saturday - 8am to 1pm

Sunday & Bank Holidays - Not permitted.

I presume emergency work is an exception.

Thanks for all the replies, both constructive and not so. I respect the fact we are all entitled to an opinion.