Where are the January 1st Immigrants?

Page hall is full anyway but if I come across any I will be directing them towards Hillsborogh, fulwood, cross pool etc etc...:D

What about Dore? Its unfair to leave the Dorians out when sharing out the new arrivals.

For how many years? Both countries are already suffering from population contraction before people could freely relocate, so those figures are unsustainable. Furthermore, is that an emigration figure from Romgaria, or an immigration figure into the UK?

I'm afraid that's the kind of detail which the media and Mail aren't interested in.

I must admit that I haven't seen any Bulgarians yet. Mind you I've only been in Bulgaria 3 days.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

They have all moved to Page Hall.

No. Do you?

Of course not, it's baloney.

So what sort of figures do you attach to your predicted "en mass" arrivals?

The sensationalist tabloid media were trying to lead the gullible into believing 30 million were going to arrive, remember?

They never said the entire population of both countries would move here.

"Where are the January 1st Immigrants?"

They were all snapped up on the 1st day. Have to wait until the next sale now.

It's immigration into the UK, rather than emigration from Romania and Bulgaria. There are already Romanians and Bulgarians working across the EU who now may move to the UK, so they're not necessarily coming directly out of Romania and Bulgaria.

You seem to place a great deal of attraction on them coming to the UK, it ain't all it's cracked up to be, which is why any Brit with any gumption who's looking for work is doing so further afield.

---------- Post added 04-01-2014 at 15:03 ----------

But putting the 30 million figure out there was a cunning ploy, subliminally feeding the xenophobia of the already paranoid.

You seem to place a great deal of attraction on them coming to the UK, it ain't all it's cracked up to be, which is why any Brit with any gumption who's looking for work is doing so further afield.

It is all it's cracked up to be.

Keith Vaz met Romanian migrant Victor Spiersau at Luton Airport on 1st January, his first time to the UK. In Romania he is a construction worker, but he has a job lined up here washing cars, which pays more than his construction job back home.

So 2014 is set to be a great year for the expansion of car wash businesses, by the end of the year I expect I'll be able to get my car washed at least 15 times on the way to work, which is much better than having the half dozen hand car washes I already pass.

Of course Mr Vaz was only at Luton, he wasn't at Manchester, Gatwick, Newcastle, East Midlands, Stansted, Dover etc to see how many turned up there.

No, but it has certainly been implied.

"Next year, the EU will allow 29 million Bulgarians and Romanians to come to the UK.

The Government have admitted there's nothing we can do about it, while we're in the EU." (UKIP flyer)

"Ukip leader Nigel Farage has warned that 29 million Bulgarians and Romanians will have the right to unrestricted access to Britain’s benefits system after 2014." (Daily Mail)

Edited by dosxuk

Keith Vaz met Romanian migrant Victor Spiersau at Luton Airport on 1st January, his first time to the UK. In Romania he is a construction worker, but he has a job lined up here washing cars, which pays more than his construction job back home.

So 2014 is set to be a great year for the expansion of car wash businesses, by the end of the year I expect I'll be able to get my car washed at least 15 times on the way to work, which is much better than the having half dozen hand car washes I already pass.

Of course Mr Vaz was only at Luton, he wasn't at Manchester, Gatwick, Newcastle, East Midlands, Stansted, Dover etc to see how many turned up there.

Mr Spiersau sounds a disciplined, well motivated individual with a flexible outlook-the sort of qualities many of our feckless who constantly whine about immigrants taking 'their' jobs should aspire to, then they'd not find themselves competing with a foreigner squeezing a shammy leather.

What election pledge will Nige run on, if they don't hurry up and arrive?

Incidentally, I wouldn't describe the prospect of emigrating to a country of haters in order to wash their cars for a living to be a panacea.

A life on a tropical beach with all you can eat pork products served by nubile dancing girls might be.