World of Tanks players here?

Just wondering if there are any other World of Tanks players here. I've been playing for years now (patch 6.6) and still a pretty average player...

I really do like the game though, and the continued development by WG is really good although there is a lot of power-creep and the game costs a hell of a lot for a free to play...

If you want to contact me, I'm TimDogg ingame. I don't tend to platoon a lot, but, seeing as how I am over experienced in the game, I am always happy to answer any queries you might have.

Briefly tried the '360 beta in December, not convinced and gave it a pass.

I used to play steelbeasts (1, 2) in its early days (2002-ish) by eSim, well before they developped it into the current army-grade 'Pro' and consumer 'Pro PE' series.

It was to recreational tank simulation what M$' Flight Simulator series (or, lately, DCS's combat flight series) was to recreational flying, i.e. a vertical learning curve and a full keyboard's worth of inputs...but worth the time investment.

Edited by L00b
added linkies

I don't believe it works on 360, it is a separate community and game. Try it on PC and see what you make of it then, might well suit you better.

Cracking game, not just a point and shooter, need tactics and to know how to play specific tanks, armour/penetration/training/add ons etc. Rasta69 here :)

I've been playing for about 2 months. I'm still working my way up through the tiers, just saving for a tier 5 Leopard at the moment.

I played it a little, but prefer World of Warplanes....

It would be awesome if these 2 games were linked, and the tanks you saw on the ground during play were players in world of tanks!!! :)

Been playing since about 0.8ish beta, still enjoy a battle every now and then. go by Locksley in game.

I played it a little, but prefer World of Warplanes....

It would be awesome if these 2 games were linked, and the tanks you saw on the ground during play were players in world of tanks!!! :)

Aren't they planning on doing something similar with WarThunder?

Talking of which I've gotta say I prefer WarThunder to WoWP, though it will be interesting to see how the various other modes compare to WoT/Warships etc

I love it! Playing it on xbox, not seen the pc version - are they the same?

They're running some special offer this week, first battle for each vehicle is 5* xp and there are discounts on buying vehicles and mods.

http://worldoftanks.eu/leaderboard/#wot&lb_tr=all&lb_of=global_rating&lb_cd=2014-5-11&lb_sg=all&lb_nick=Cyc1one

That should be a link to my profile on the website, my personal rating at the moment is 1767

Just uploaded a match recording, pretty good, if I do say so myself :-)

http://wotreplays.com/site/1638882#serene_coast-cyc1one-e_25

---------- Post added 19-02-2015 at 20:46 ----------

Just wondering if there are any other World of Tanks players here. I've been playing for years now (patch 6.6) and still a pretty average player...

I really do like the game though, and the continued development by WG is really good although there is a lot of power-creep and the game costs a hell of a lot for a free to play...

If you want to contact me, I'm TimDogg ingame. I don't tend to platoon a lot, but, seeing as how I am over experienced in the game, I am always happy to answer any queries you might have.

Average. I just looked at your stats! :o

As much as I didn't enjoy the 360 version, I have been enjoying the iOS 'Blitz' version a fair bit.

I'm not hardcore enough to have bought a premium account and 'stuff', so freeplay only, but I'm currently running 4x level V tanks (M4 Sherman, VK30 or 36, Stug III G, Crusader) abreast and slowly but surely toting up points to upgrade each.

Looks like the http://worldoftanks.eu/community/accounts doesn't aggregate stats from iOS players though?

Edited by L00b

Yeah, I,m a WoT addict (PC version) but pretty avarage 48 percent WR, anyone wants to friend me my name is :- arcticbear

I usually play till god knows what time of night, er morning

Parks my IS6 in S11

---------- Post added 10-03-2015 at 07:18 ----------

People must have seen this site to check yourself out by now? just type in your player name:-

http://www.noobmeter.com/

Edited by arcticbear