Transferring Favourite Folders From Windows XP

Not so long ago, I changed my browser from IE8 to Google Chrome at the recommendation of Virgin Media........Not being very conversant with computers its taken me a while to get use to the new browser and I still don't know how to do a lot of things on it.........SO, my question is:

How do I transfer all my favorite folders with all my favorite sites from Windows XP to Google Chrome ?

If anyone can help it would be appreciated - please take note that tech terms will simply go straight over my head, so if you could explain in layman terms, again it would be appreciated.

Hi John.

What i think you mean is transfer your bookmarks/favourites from IE to Chrome.

Unfortunately i solely use Firefox, where i could easily help you move them over, but i've no experience of Chrome or IE whatsoever, but here's an online guide that explains it in a few easy steps.

:)

Open Chrome, click on the Options button (to the right of the address bar - 3 horizontal lines), choose Bookmarks, then choose Import Bookmarks and Settings, then you will be presented with a screen to make choices. Choose Internet Explorer and what you want to import (probably just bookmarks) then click Import.

When you first install Chrome, it asks if you want to import bookmarks etc...

Or, if you have already installed Chrome previously, and you signed into your Google account with Chrome, Just sign back into the same Google account (even works on another computer) and it will Synch your bookmarks etc....

The long term solution is to install Xmarks in Internet Explorer. This will synchronise all your bookmarks.

In Chrome go to addons (sorry I cannot be too specific as I am a Firefox user) and add Xmarks to that. This time you log in with the username and password you first created and all your bookmarks will be downloaded into Chrome. The added advantage of this is that you have a copy of them all in the Cloud so if your computer expires they will always be there.

The long term solution is to install Xmarks in Internet Explorer. This will synchronise all your bookmarks.

In Chrome go to addons (sorry I cannot be too specific as I am a Firefox user) and add Xmarks to that. This time you log in with the username and password you first created and all your bookmarks will be downloaded into Chrome. The added advantage of this is that you have a copy of them all in the Cloud so if your computer expires they will always be there.

You don't need ANY third party add-on for Chrome, once you are using it.... It already does it natively...

XMarks works across the browsers, not just for Chrome.

XMarks works across the browsers, not just for Chrome.

Another vote for XMarks I use it on XP and 2 win7 crossing over Firefox, Google Chrome and mozilla chrome

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Edited by Paul Blade